Costco and Bill Me Later
It took me a few phone calls and time to figure out what is going on, but this is it.Bill Me Later initially started out with the 6 months deferred interest payment option on purchases over $299.
Merchants signed up and displayed the Bill Me Later logo. You, the purchaser, signed up with Bill Me Later who either accepted or rejected you and gave you a credit limit. ( I have been using Bill Me Later for over 2 years with no issue). You were billed for the purchase through Bill Me Later, and got the deferred interest if you paid off the purchase within the time frame.
Now, enter PayPal, who recently purchased Bill Me Later. If you select Bill Me Later now, you go to the PayPal site and enter through your password. Here is the catch: merchants, COSTCO, are using Bill Me Later as a separate payment option, BUT it is now a credit card with a 19.99% interest rate if balance is not paid within 30 DAYS! You think you are getting a deferred 6 month interest, but ONLY if the merchant has done a promotion, which COSTCO IS NOT.
Be very careful in using Bill Me Later, as COSTCO is very deceptive in its use.I got stuck for a $850 bill this way, and COSTCO would not acknowlege or fix the problem.129d8533 review #342046
You may also like
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "Went to Walmart's seafood section to get fish to grill only to find every package of seafood is from China, Tiawan, or Vietnam. Living on the Gulf Coast you expect..."
- "Scott Allan / Scott Karosa FINED $7500 by NV Div of Mortgage Lending Scott Allan (formerly-known-as) Scott Karosa is ordered by the Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending to pay a fine..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- " I visited Las Vegas from July 10-16. I was lodged this time at the Golden Nugget off Fremont Street. On this trip folks I rented a car from Budget..."
- "Aman Natt sold me on his Forex training course for over £2500 , using displays of wealth such as Luxury Watches and Expensive sports cars as examples of their own..."
- "I ordered flower girl dresses for my upcoming wedding and chose a color from a color chart the supplier "Simple Love 's Store (Bi Xiao Ke)" provided me. I selected..."
- "Susie at Drew street is cold and extremely rude. Rat droppings everywhere and my items were damaged. She got very defensive..."