Costco and Bill Me Later
It took me a few phone calls and time to figure out what is going on, but this is it.Bill Me Later initially started out with the 6 months deferred interest payment option on purchases over $299.
Merchants signed up and displayed the Bill Me Later logo. You, the purchaser, signed up with Bill Me Later who either accepted or rejected you and gave you a credit limit. ( I have been using Bill Me Later for over 2 years with no issue). You were billed for the purchase through Bill Me Later, and got the deferred interest if you paid off the purchase within the time frame.
Now, enter PayPal, who recently purchased Bill Me Later. If you select Bill Me Later now, you go to the PayPal site and enter through your password. Here is the catch: merchants, COSTCO, are using Bill Me Later as a separate payment option, BUT it is now a credit card with a 19.99% interest rate if balance is not paid within 30 DAYS! You think you are getting a deferred 6 month interest, but ONLY if the merchant has done a promotion, which COSTCO IS NOT.
Be very careful in using Bill Me Later, as COSTCO is very deceptive in its use.I got stuck for a $850 bill this way, and COSTCO would not acknowlege or fix the problem.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "Dollar General ladies "wash" room at hwy 72 Tuscumbia, Al 35674. The toilet is filthy, sideways ( not anchored) lid missing. Garbage overflowing and smelly, sink was black, grimy..."
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "I ordered iron on patches from thestudio.com in Jan.2015. I received them on time but the iron on patches will not iron onto cotton. They peel right off easily. I've..."
- "Purchased a vehicle and paid $400 more because it was listed as hands-free being one of the included features. A feature that I didn't mind having. I was prompted to..."
- "I went to the piercing pagoda in Las Vegas South Premium outlets, and I've wanted to get my second piercings for a while now. when I first passed the kiosk,..."
- "I purchased the extended warranty through GBS for my Ashley Durablend couch and loveseat and was told "peeling isn't covered on Durablend only on top grain leather products". Both..."
- "Hi, I'm a UC Davis student and we use your washers here. I'm contacting you because my card took three dollars off my laundry card because the dryer was broken,..."
- "I bought the knives at Sams Club, Dallas TX. I used the long thin knife one time at Thanksgiving, I put it in my stainless steel sink along with..."