Costco and Bill Me Later
It took me a few phone calls and time to figure out what is going on, but this is it.Bill Me Later initially started out with the 6 months deferred interest payment option on purchases over $299.
Merchants signed up and displayed the Bill Me Later logo. You, the purchaser, signed up with Bill Me Later who either accepted or rejected you and gave you a credit limit. ( I have been using Bill Me Later for over 2 years with no issue). You were billed for the purchase through Bill Me Later, and got the deferred interest if you paid off the purchase within the time frame.
Now, enter PayPal, who recently purchased Bill Me Later. If you select Bill Me Later now, you go to the PayPal site and enter through your password. Here is the catch: merchants, COSTCO, are using Bill Me Later as a separate payment option, BUT it is now a credit card with a 19.99% interest rate if balance is not paid within 30 DAYS! You think you are getting a deferred 6 month interest, but ONLY if the merchant has done a promotion, which COSTCO IS NOT.
Be very careful in using Bill Me Later, as COSTCO is very deceptive in its use.I got stuck for a $850 bill this way, and COSTCO would not acknowlege or fix the problem.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I worked for DG and have to admit that I wouldn't purchase food from any DG store. The cold items, when being delivered, spend several minutes waiting to be "checked..."
- "what a stove at menards that turned out to be a believe bate and switch.it was a floor model. And was fine when I was in the store it looked..."
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "My wife and I purchased a Modern Theory dining table, chairs, and buffet from the Summerlin location in January 2013. Each piece of furniture was defective and we made..."
- "Had upper dentures put in. After many trys at having them correctly fitted, i am not able to wear them at all. My gums bleed and the pain when i..."
- "Lowe's is absolutely nasty when dealing with customers injured on its premises. See http://lowdownloweshomecentersinc.blogspot.com . Especially in its choice of insurance adjusters, SRS also known as Sedgwick..."
- "Inside Manager Korina Loera terminated me with lies from ConAgra Foods (Harvest Manor Farms), 11B Leigh Fisher Blvd, El Paso, TX 79906.ConAgra Supervisor Rafael Hernandez inform me that I couldn’t..."
- "On November my worst experience with Metropcs was about to start. I purchase a phone for my son it was an upgrade deal. The metro employee activated the new phone and it..."
- "I also ordered a Nikon scope on the black friday special. I also received notification that my order was placed, thank you very much they said. Then I received an email..."