• show-popup

Location Oxnard, California
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 2097
Monetary Loss

The Costco car wash in Oxnard California put a sizable chip on the drivers side door of my car.I noticed the chip immediately when I got home but I became ill and was unable to follow up for a approximately a week and a half.

I went in yesterday and originally told the manager what happened I wanted her to know that something was wrong with the machine. She encouraged me to submit an incident report. When I submitted an incident report the claims representative took all of fifteen minutes to determine that they were not going to fix it.

BEWARE ANYONE WHO USES THE CAR WASH AT COSTCO GET OUT AND CHECK YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY!They are in the assumption that their car wash is perfect I have a damaged car that indicates they're not. 30c25c2

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 26, 2012  from Oxnard, California
This really happened to my car. I wrote this because I am upset in how Costco handled the situation. I understand that some people would consider this to be a BS story. I assure you this is not. I wanted to share my experience because after all buying a nice car can be costly and I know that I want to protect my investment as long as possible by taking care of it. I have learned my lesson, from know on I will wash my own car. Maybe my situation is rare and not the norm. Thank you all for reading my post.
Reply to prfJolie

May 16, 2013  from Camarillo, California
This happened to me too at the same store and got the same result. I contacted my insurance company. You should do the same and I recommend that we should file a lawsuit together.
Reply to standaman

Nov 21, 2012
I can appreciate your comment. I too have seen small scratches after using the car wash and have never said anything. This time it took off a noticible amount of paint down to the metal.
Reply to prfJolie

Nov 21, 2012
This is a Great warning!

However I would be surprised if my car wasn't dinged by this type of carwash.
Reply to Mokiki

Read next Costco complaint

costco false advertising price tags

on 11-21-12 I went to costco in redwood city to buy groceries and I saw a price on a tv console...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug