Costco Technical Support? You've Got To Be Kidding!!!
I recently purchased a 22" Samsung HDTV from Costco (Model T220HD). I was able to hook it up but the screen turned black intermittently. This indicated a power problem, either in the set or my home.
I called Costco Technical Support and after an unsuccessful attempt to solve the problem, they connected me with someone at Samsung. That person also failed and tried putting me through to a more experienced technician. However, the call was disconnected and I was left with a dial tone.
The next morning, I returned to Costco and exchanged the 22'' Model for a 24" Model, (Samsung T240HD). I returned home with the larger set and spent most of that day on the phone with Costco Technical Support, trying to get the set to work. I was having the same problem as I was having with the 22" set.
I then decided to give up on Samsung and return to Costco for a third set. Before going to bed that night, I tried jiggling the connection of the power cord to the back of the TV. I discovered that power was reaching the set intermittantly. It then dawned on me that the plug going into the TV was too loose and was dropping down due to its own weight and breaking contact.
I tried wrapping some adhesive tape around the plug so that it would fit more tightly into the recess in the back of the TV. It worked!! Problem solved. No thanks to Costco or Samsung. I find it hard to believe that none of the technicians knew about this poorly designed connection which had caused me so much trouble.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no..."
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "Just a word f warning to those of you considering using KR Roofing. I sad ly used them for roof and siding repair. Over two months ago I paid them...."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."
- "We ordered online and got a notice it was ready so we went inside and stood there for a couple mintues until someone helped us. She did something on the..."
- "WOW, Dollar Tree sells better quality clothing than Fashionmia!!! The dress pictured and what I received in the mail were 2 entirely different things. The dress was thin, about 2 sizes..."
- "I found out like many other associates of mine that they National Hole in One Insurance of Dallas Texas have been ripping off clients for years and when it became..."