• show-popup

Company Costco
Location Dallas, Texas
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 1677

I am upset because Costco has chosen to take the path of caving into the minority at the expense of the majority.

By selling Halal meats you are automatically offending the vast number of Americans that deem this offensive.

Is there not a venue for the Muslims to buy at their own stores that will cater to their religion or must the rest of us just accept this is the New America?

Most of us have religious beliefs far removed from this--we don't count???

I have been a satisfied customer but this has reallly disturbed me so may have to rethink my membership status.

Thank you.

Comments (47) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 47 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 01
Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp
I have a few chicken cuts in my freezer, just took a look, don't see any mention of halal. I wonder if this is a Photoshop creation
Reply to Ania216

Mar 01
Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp
Reply to bunga bunga

Nov 14, 2013  from Melbourne, Victoria
proceeds from halal certifying goes to fund terror.. that should be enough of a reason not to buy halal!! another is the fact that animals are slaughtered inhumanly.. there throats cut whilst still alive hanging upside down in terror.. all to serve a death cult who's backward religion is dragging the world back to the 7th centaury if anyone on this page is ignorant its the morons who bang on about if you don't like a product don't buy it.. many companies don't highlight the fact that there products are halal so by stealth you are funding terror and supporting the ritual torture animals.. and as for the studies that say halal meat is better show me the evidence because studies done by animal welfare agencies suggest otherwise.. animals die in a high state of terror that makes them produce hormones which are detrimental to the meat..
Reply to helena

Apr 06
Oh boy. Is there a way to slaughter chicken "humanly"? Unless we all become vegetarians and don't slaughter chicken & others AT ALL, that would be acting "humanly", according to you. You take it easy about funding terror. I am off to buy my chicken. :grin
Reply to Ohlala

Nov 07, 2013
people in america are *** and don't understand what is halal meat and who cares if the sell halal meat religion should not be an issue so wake up and don't be ignorant and I am latino with catholic background not muslim
Reply to Marchand

Oct 20, 2013

Ann Barnhardt is a cattle commodities broker, has more about "Halal."

NEVER buy meat that is marked as "Halal."
I am in the cattle business, and believe me when I tell you that Halal kill plants are CONSTANTLY being cited and shut down by the USDA for horrific infractions. Most of these plants are in Michigan and upstate New York ..

One of the things that halal kill plants are notorious for is putting already-dead animals in the human consumption line. They will go pick up a dead cow off of a farm or ranch and instead of putting it in their rendering tank where the resulting "tankage" is worth pennies on the dollar as pet food or industrial products, they will shackle the dead animal on the normal kill line and process it as human food which is the highest-dollar product.

Since Islam teaches dishonesty (taqiyyah) and no regard for one's neighbor, this kind of sickening behavior is standard.

Halal plants are also notorious for general citations for filth and uncleanliness. I have toured normal cattle slaughter plants, and guys, you could eat off of the floor. Everything is white and men walk around with water hoses and steam guns constantly keeping everything in a state of spotlessness.

Halal plants are filthy. A lot of Halal meat is also labeled as "organic."

Again, don't be fooled into thinking that "halal" means "better." It isn't.

... Show more
Reply to concerned citizen

Aug 15, 2013  from Gaithersburg, Maryland
wow i feel sorry for you. you really are an ignorant ***. please educate yourself on the many health benefits of halal meat, there have been many studies made. :grin
Reply to rawr

Apr 10, 2013  from Livonia, Michigan
You sound like an ***. :p
Reply to genius

Mar 21, 2013
Please get over yourself. Jews are an even smaller minority, and this country has been catering to their dietary preferences for years (not that it bothers me at all--I respect it 100%). Claiming that a country as diverse as America should never cater to its "minorities" is the most ridiculous and bigoted comment I have heard. White people are still under the impression that they have rightfully inherited this country and deserve to judge others. How in the world does Halal meat affect you? Does it put a cramp in your style?? Is anyone going to shove it down your throat?? Don't like to look at it? Move on.

The sale of Halal meats is genius business move. Some areas of the United States have very large Muslim populations (Where I live for example) and a business like Costco allows large families and businesses to buy their meat in bulk at cheaper prices. Everyone benefits. Except you, right? Because apparently Costco is infringing upon your constitutional rights by making the lives of Muslims a little easier.
Reply to Anon

Jan 05, 2013  from Quantico, Virginia
Are you talking about the Halal meat right next to the pork cuts??!!!!! This kind of stores just by the poduct from the producer with the better price. The IGNORANCE in our population is killing this country :( , and, what is so wrong with animals that were killed with some kind of humanity?? How many times have you complain about the way "McStore" kills and serves their food??? This is from the bottom of my heart : "go jump on your 4wheeler and drive until you get lost in the forest forever, we do not need people like you in the world....
Reply to insulted by ignorance!!!!

Sep 07, 2012
Why people do not get disturbed by looking at kosher sign?? Half of the products in market says that it's kosher. Why half portion of this free country are racists??? :cry
Reply to Maby

Aug 17, 2012
the majority? what majority? just because they sell a specific product does not mean its "unAmerican". If you don't like a specific item don't buy it. its that simple. Even an American made product have multi language labels on it so they could sell it worldwide.
Reply to Ryan

Jul 16, 2012
Some of these comments make me crack up. In the world of Internet where everything is possible to educate ones brain. Some of u are so *** ***. An animal is getting killed for ur dumb ***; for u so u can eat it. Yet u wanna debate weather it's halal or we should boycott cause a store is selling meat. Just STFU and eat it. Costco is heaven for me. I love going there cause I can get my Kosher, halal, and non-halal meat. Thank You Costco.
Reply to Sammy

May 08, 2012
REPLY "Pat on April 11, 2012 From Carrollton, Georgia, US
Costco is stating in my opinion that they would rather cater to Muslims instead of Americans. Muslims make up .08% of the US population so how could their buying power equal the rest of us Costco members?"

Reply: I'm a Muslim born and raised in the USA and a Honorably Discharged veteran of the U.S. Navy and Army who served in the Global War on Terror....but of course I'm probably not a real American either....It's a free country...if you don't want to buy a product don't buy it....you have freedom of choice...why aren't you complaining about Kosher products as well? 99% of the stuff sold in COSTCO is made by communist/atheists in China...why aren't complaining about that...Because it's OK to hate Muslims...
Reply to Kalil

Apr 29, 2012
once again you have proven yourself to be a better racist stating majority/minority , pl dont go against one store as you are receiving bribes (in any form) from other stores. There is no god but Allah and Allah created all of us. Pl stop pretending to know everything.
Reply to provenracist

Apr 17, 2012
Americans claim to know so much about everything. When will you all understand that Islam is a religion and not a terrorist organization. Halal meat has been blessed and it much better for you than the filth of pig that you eat. Muslims dont go into stores and complain about the *** you put into your shopping carts so leave us to eat what we know is good and blessed. Thank you Costco for catering for muslims and those who dont eat halal meat you have a variety of other choices. And Allah is not an Idol and muslims are not idol worshipers - so all you americans who think you know everything about Islam - go read the Quran and you will educate yourselves and see that Islam is a beautiful and peaceful religion and is completely against idol worshipping. You will actually do yourselves a favor by eating Halal meat because the animal hasent suffered. How do you know what your meat on your plate has suffered?..... Stop being ignorant and *** and go educate yourselves. Most of you are not Native American and if that applies, you go back to the country of your ancestors!
Reply to ignorant americans

Apr 11, 2012
Reply to Pat

Read next Costco complaint

Costco Employee

It's very comical to read all these complaints about rudeness and arrogance from the employees.T...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug