Costco - The sell of Halal meats

279 of 355 Costco Reviews
Oct 06, 2011
review #266385

I am upset because Costco has chosen to take the path of caving into the minority at the expense of the majority.

By selling Halal meats you are automatically offending the vast number of Americans that deem this offensive.

Is there not a venue for the Muslims to buy at their own stores that will cater to their religion or must the rest of us just accept this is the New America?

Most of us have religious beliefs far removed from this--we don't count???

I have been a satisfied customer but this has reallly disturbed me so may have to rethink my membership status.

Thank you.

8a66e17
1.3
Had an experience with Costco?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
279 of 355 Costco Reviews
PJ

9 hours ago Dallas, Texas

Most halal meat stores sell low quality meat.
Do you think as an American I should not be allowed to buy quality food for my family because I am a Muslim?

Aug 07

please stop your membership to Costco then...your fat *** makes the line longer. You can buy DEPENDS in bulk somewhere else

hey mr./mrs/ms./miss anonymous 6e138ef
Your version of religious freedom must be Easter Ham.?
You must be a male because women are this ***

Aug 07

COSTCO doesn't "CAVE IN" to anyone! If they can make money in a certain market they will. The minute it doesn't make them money they will stop. That is called AMERICAN FREE ENTERPRISE

Aug 07

vast number of Americans DO NOT KNOW what Halal is...unless Rush Limbaugh the giant pork himself tells you

Aug 07

first of all your heading is incorrect it should say SALE ...what a *** you are

Aug 06 Bloxwich, England

Don't come to the U.K. Seems all the chicken here is halal, but at least they are required by law to post signs notifying consumers of such.

Ash

Jun 26

Wow so many racist, discrminatory, and satanic views. Let people live. Islam is a religion of Abraham, Adam & Eve, Moses, and Jesus ( May peace be upon them all) we follow their values. Abraham hand slaughtered his meat with the name of One God, that is the path we follow. We were taught by these prophets to avoid alcohol and Pork. This is what Halal means to us. Shame on Racism Shame on satanic views.

Ania216

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp
I have a few chicken cuts in my freezer, just took a look, don't see any mention of halal. I wonder if this is a Photoshop creation

bunga bunga

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp

helena

Nov 14, 2013 Melbourne, Victoria County

proceeds from halal certifying goes to fund terror.. that should be enough of a reason not to buy halal!! another is the fact that animals are slaughtered inhumanly.. there throats cut whilst still alive hanging upside down in terror.. all to serve a death cult who's backward religion is dragging the world back to the 7th centaury if anyone on this page is ignorant its the morons who bang on about if you don't like a product don't buy it.. many companies don't highlight the fact that there products are halal so by stealth you are funding terror and supporting the ritual torture animals.. and as for the studies that say halal meat is better show me the evidence because studies done by animal welfare agencies suggest otherwise.. animals die in a high state of terror that makes them produce hormones which are detrimental to the meat..

0 3 Reply
Ohlala

Apr 06

Oh boy. Is there a way to slaughter chicken "humanly"? Unless we all become vegetarians and don't slaughter chicken & others AT ALL, that would be acting "humanly", according to you. You take it easy about funding terror. I am off to buy my chicken. :grin

1 0 Reply
laurahalal

May 27

Quit lying. I am Muslim. See "Mercy slaughter" on Youtube for the Truth. Praying God softens your heart and strengthens your mind. Ameen

Marchand

Nov 07, 2013

people in america are *** and don't understand what is halal meat and who cares if the sell halal meat religion should not be an issue so wake up and don't be ignorant and I am latino with catholic background not muslim

concerned citizen

Oct 20, 2013

Ann Barnhardt is a cattle commodities broker, has more about "Halal."

NEVER buy meat that is marked as "Halal."
I am in the cattle business, and believe me when I tell you that Halal kill plants are CONSTANTLY being cited and shut down by the USDA for horrific infractions. Most of these plants are in Michigan and upstate New York ..

One of the things that halal kill plants are notorious for is putting already-dead animals in the human consumption line. They will go pick up a dead cow off of a farm or ranch and instead of putting it in their rendering tank where the resulting "tankage" is worth pennies on the dollar as pet food or industrial products, they will shackle the dead animal on the normal kill line and process it as human food which is the highest-dollar product.

Since Islam teaches dishonesty (taqiyyah) and no regard for one's neighbor, this kind of sickening behavior is standard.

Halal plants are also notorious for general citations for filth and uncleanliness. I have toured normal cattle slaughter plants, and guys, you could eat off of the floor. Everything is white and men walk around with water hoses and steam guns constantly keeping everything in a state of spotlessness.

Halal plants are filthy. A lot of Halal meat is also labeled as "organic."

Again, don't be fooled into thinking that "halal" means "better." It isn't.

... Show more

0 2 Reply
Ash

Jun 26

No regard for ones neighbour and lying. Go educate yourself before passing on false intentional claims. We follow the views of Jesus ( May peace be upon him) and he never taught us that. Racism never wins, it's satanic.

1 0 Reply
rawr

Aug 15, 2013 Gaithersburg, Maryland

wow i feel sorry for you. you really are an ignorant ***. please educate yourself on the many health benefits of halal meat, there have been many studies made. :grin

1-20 of 59 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
×