Costco - The sell of Halal meats

338 of 414 Costco Reviews

I am upset because Costco has chosen to take the path of caving into the minority at the expense of the majority.

By selling Halal meats you are automatically offending the vast number of Americans that deem this offensive.

Is there not a venue for the Muslims to buy at their own stores that will cater to their religion or must the rest of us just accept this is the New America?

Most of us have religious beliefs far removed from this--we don't count???

I have been a satisfied customer but this has reallly disturbed me so may have to rethink my membership status.

Thank you.

d385437 review #266385
43 Helpful? 112
Had the same issue14 Comments63 Report
338 of 414 Costco Reviews
Had an experience with Costco?  Submit review about this company

Nov 12 Belle Plaine, Minnesota

If you object to any particular store because they sell products that cater to the religious beliefs of their customer base, I suggest a reassessment of your patriotism is in order. This is the United States, we have this thing called religious freedom and this other thing called free enterprise. This means businesses can sell any legal product they choose. This means people can worship whatever deity they choose, be that Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, the flying spaghetti monster, or none at all. No one is forcing you to buy halal certified products if you don't want to. In conclusion, if you can't respect another person's beliefs, don't expect anyone to respect yours.

4 0 Reply
AUH

Nov 03 California, United States

Do you have problem with Kosher items that Costco sells? Did you raise the voice against that too just like you did in this case? One can see your bias right on the face of it.
You have a choice to not buy halal meat and buy non-halal if you want to but by providing halal meat, COSTCO is providing other (Muslim) Americans the same choice beside you are a first non-muslim (except for jews) that I have come acress who says that he/she can not eat halal meat.

TiredOfIslamophobes

Sep 24 Pocatello, Idaho

As a Costco member and a Muslim I am glad some Costco stores stock Halal meat. I wonder if this same consumer would be upset if the meat was Kosher. Boils down to a bigoted hatred for Muslims. Don't cave to Islamophobes any more than any business should cave to anti-Semites.

PJ

Sep 01 Dallas, Texas

Most halal meat stores sell low quality meat.
Do you think as an American I should not be allowed to buy quality food for my family because I am a Muslim?

Henry Liu

Oct 31 Richmond, Virginia

Actually, you are exaggerating. The truth is no body limited your right to buy your choice of food. All Halal foods are labeled. You have the right to buy or not to buy. What you recommend is to deprive the rights of Muslims to buy their choice of food. I am not a Muslim, but I am OK with Costco selling whatever food meet the USDA and FDA standards. There are certain people don't like or don't eat beef at all, but you cannot forbid selling beef in the States. This is every body's America who shares the same believe of how to respect each other and enjoy freedom, it is not the America for those who think the country only belong to themselves.

3 0 Reply

Aug 07

please stop your membership to Costco then...your fat *** makes the line longer. You can buy DEPENDS in bulk somewhere else

hey mr./mrs/ms./miss anonymous 6e138ef
Your version of religious freedom must be Easter Ham.?
You must be a male because women are this ***

1 0 Reply

Aug 07

COSTCO doesn't "CAVE IN" to anyone! If they can make money in a certain market they will. The minute it doesn't make them money they will stop. That is called AMERICAN FREE ENTERPRISE

Aug 07

vast number of Americans DO NOT KNOW what Halal is...unless Rush Limbaugh the giant pork himself tells you

2 1 Reply

Aug 07

first of all your heading is incorrect it should say SALE ...what a *** you are

1 0 Reply

Aug 06 Bloxwich, England

Don't come to the U.K. Seems all the chicken here is halal, but at least they are required by law to post signs notifying consumers of such.

Ash

Jun 26

Wow so many racist, discrminatory, and satanic views. Let people live. Islam is a religion of Abraham, Adam & Eve, Moses, and Jesus ( May peace be upon them all) we follow their values. Abraham hand slaughtered his meat with the name of One God, that is the path we follow. We were taught by these prophets to avoid alcohol and Pork. This is what Halal means to us. Shame on Racism Shame on satanic views.

5 1 Reply
Ania216

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp
I have a few chicken cuts in my freezer, just took a look, don't see any mention of halal. I wonder if this is a Photoshop creation

0 0 Reply
bunga bunga

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp

0 0 Reply
helena

Nov 14, 2013 Melbourne, Victoria County

proceeds from halal certifying goes to fund terror.. that should be enough of a reason not to buy halal!! another is the fact that animals are slaughtered inhumanly.. there throats cut whilst still alive hanging upside down in terror.. all to serve a death cult who's backward religion is dragging the world back to the 7th centaury if anyone on this page is ignorant its the morons who bang on about if you don't like a product don't buy it.. many companies don't highlight the fact that there products are halal so by stealth you are funding terror and supporting the ritual torture animals.. and as for the studies that say halal meat is better show me the evidence because studies done by animal welfare agencies suggest otherwise.. animals die in a high state of terror that makes them produce hormones which are detrimental to the meat..

2 6 Reply
Ohlala

Apr 06

Oh boy. Is there a way to slaughter chicken "humanly"? Unless we all become vegetarians and don't slaughter chicken & others AT ALL, that would be acting "humanly", according to you. You take it easy about funding terror. I am off to buy my chicken. :grin

4 0 Reply
laurahalal

May 27

Quit lying. I am Muslim. See "Mercy slaughter" on Youtube for the Truth. Praying God softens your heart and strengthens your mind. Ameen

2 2 Reply
Marchand

Nov 07, 2013

people in america are *** and don't understand what is halal meat and who cares if the sell halal meat religion should not be an issue so wake up and don't be ignorant and I am latino with catholic background not muslim

5 1 Reply

1-20 of 63 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
×