Costco - The sell of Halal meats

255 of 331 Costco Reviews
Oct 06, 2011
review #266385

I am upset because Costco has chosen to take the path of caving into the minority at the expense of the majority.

By selling Halal meats you are automatically offending the vast number of Americans that deem this offensive.

Is there not a venue for the Muslims to buy at their own stores that will cater to their religion or must the rest of us just accept this is the New America?

Most of us have religious beliefs far removed from this--we don't count???

I have been a satisfied customer but this has reallly disturbed me so may have to rethink my membership status.

Thank you.

64f5b93
1.3
Had an experience with Costco?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Ash

Jun 26

Wow so many racist, discrminatory, and satanic views. Let people live. Islam is a religion of Abraham, Adam & Eve, Moses, and Jesus ( May peace be upon them all) we follow their values. Abraham hand slaughtered his meat with the name of One God, that is the path we follow. We were taught by these prophets to avoid alcohol and Pork. This is what Halal means to us. Shame on Racism Shame on satanic views.

Ania216

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp
I have a few chicken cuts in my freezer, just took a look, don't see any mention of halal. I wonder if this is a Photoshop creation

bunga bunga

Mar 01

Snopes says it's "Mostly False"
Read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp

helena

Nov 14, 2013 Melbourne, Victoria County

proceeds from halal certifying goes to fund terror.. that should be enough of a reason not to buy halal!! another is the fact that animals are slaughtered inhumanly.. there throats cut whilst still alive hanging upside down in terror.. all to serve a death cult who's backward religion is dragging the world back to the 7th centaury if anyone on this page is ignorant its the morons who bang on about if you don't like a product don't buy it.. many companies don't highlight the fact that there products are halal so by stealth you are funding terror and supporting the ritual torture animals.. and as for the studies that say halal meat is better show me the evidence because studies done by animal welfare agencies suggest otherwise.. animals die in a high state of terror that makes them produce hormones which are detrimental to the meat..

0 2 Reply
Ohlala

Apr 06

Oh boy. Is there a way to slaughter chicken "humanly"? Unless we all become vegetarians and don't slaughter chicken & others AT ALL, that would be acting "humanly", according to you. You take it easy about funding terror. I am off to buy my chicken. :grin

laurahalal

May 27

Quit lying. I am Muslim. See "Mercy slaughter" on Youtube for the Truth. Praying God softens your heart and strengthens your mind. Ameen

Marchand

Nov 07, 2013

people in america are *** and don't understand what is halal meat and who cares if the sell halal meat religion should not be an issue so wake up and don't be ignorant and I am latino with catholic background not muslim

concerned citizen

Oct 20, 2013

Ann Barnhardt is a cattle commodities broker, has more about "Halal."

NEVER buy meat that is marked as "Halal."
I am in the cattle business, and believe me when I tell you that Halal kill plants are CONSTANTLY being cited and shut down by the USDA for horrific infractions. Most of these plants are in Michigan and upstate New York ..

One of the things that halal kill plants are notorious for is putting already-dead animals in the human consumption line. They will go pick up a dead cow off of a farm or ranch and instead of putting it in their rendering tank where the resulting "tankage" is worth pennies on the dollar as pet food or industrial products, they will shackle the dead animal on the normal kill line and process it as human food which is the highest-dollar product.

Since Islam teaches dishonesty (taqiyyah) and no regard for one's neighbor, this kind of sickening behavior is standard.

Halal plants are also notorious for general citations for filth and uncleanliness. I have toured normal cattle slaughter plants, and guys, you could eat off of the floor. Everything is white and men walk around with water hoses and steam guns constantly keeping everything in a state of spotlessness.

Halal plants are filthy. A lot of Halal meat is also labeled as "organic."

Again, don't be fooled into thinking that "halal" means "better." It isn't.

... Show more

0 2 Reply
Ash

Jun 26

No regard for ones neighbour and lying. Go educate yourself before passing on false intentional claims. We follow the views of Jesus ( May peace be upon him) and he never taught us that. Racism never wins, it's satanic.

rawr

Aug 15, 2013 Gaithersburg, Maryland

wow i feel sorry for you. you really are an ignorant ***. please educate yourself on the many health benefits of halal meat, there have been many studies made. :grin

2 0 Reply
Anon

Mar 21, 2013

Please get over yourself. Jews are an even smaller minority, and this country has been catering to their dietary preferences for years (not that it bothers me at all--I respect it 100%). Claiming that a country as diverse as America should never cater to its "minorities" is the most ridiculous and bigoted comment I have heard. White people are still under the impression that they have rightfully inherited this country and deserve to judge others. How in the world does Halal meat affect you? Does it put a cramp in your style?? Is anyone going to shove it down your throat?? Don't like to look at it? Move on.

The sale of Halal meats is genius business move. Some areas of the United States have very large Muslim populations (Where I live for example) and a business like Costco allows large families and businesses to buy their meat in bulk at cheaper prices. Everyone benefits. Except you, right? Because apparently Costco is infringing upon your constitutional rights by making the lives of Muslims a little easier.

2 0 Reply
insulted by ignorance!!!!

Jan 05, 2013 Quantico, Virginia

Are you talking about the Halal meat right next to the pork cuts??!!!!! This kind of stores just by the poduct from the producer with the better price. The IGNORANCE in our population is killing this country :( , and, what is so wrong with animals that were killed with some kind of humanity?? How many times have you complain about the way "McStore" kills and serves their food??? This is from the bottom of my heart : "go jump on your 4wheeler and drive until you get lost in the forest forever, we do not need people like you in the world....

Maby

Sep 07, 2012

Why people do not get disturbed by looking at kosher sign?? Half of the products in market says that it's kosher. Why half portion of this free country are racists??? :cry

Ryan

Aug 17, 2012

the majority? what majority? just because they sell a specific product does not mean its "unAmerican". If you don't like a specific item don't buy it. its that simple. Even an American made product have multi language labels on it so they could sell it worldwide.

Happy Costco customer

Aug 09, 2012

Thanks Costco ! For selling halal meat you make my life do easy !

Sammy

Jul 16, 2012

Some of these comments make me crack up. In the world of Internet where everything is possible to educate ones brain. Some of u are so *** ***. An animal is getting killed for ur dumb ***; for u so u can eat it. Yet u wanna debate weather it's halal or we should boycott cause a store is selling meat. Just STFU and eat it. Costco is heaven for me. I love going there cause I can get my Kosher, halal, and non-halal meat. Thank You Costco.

Showing 1-20 of 51 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
×