Stopping by three different Costco's in the greater Atlanta, GA area I've noticed the lines to leave the store after purchasing goods are intolerable. Costco is insulting the customers by expecting them to wait for a employee to "check" the receipt.

Profiling all customers as shoplifters is inexcusable.

I just stood in line to purchase my goods and now I need to stand in another to "Prove" I just purchased the same goods not 10 minutes prior? Absolutely not. I've restored to just bypassing the exit line, staring the Costco employee/bouncer down. If they say anything I reply with a curt "No thank you" and keep walking.

Retail employees are not Law Enforcement. And walking by them is not illegal. I do not answer to retail employees.

Also the Inventory assets and protection system should suffice.

Respond if an alarm is triggered THEN check a suspicious Customer. Do not assume we are all thieves.

Comments

Wow, just by reading the comment section, it looks like a episode of The view. Nothing but liberals arguing, and suffering with TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It's annoying, I agree. But you agreed to it when you signed up.

#1520714

Yes silly policies that you agreed that you would follow by signing the membership forms. So you’re saying your word is worth nothing?

That the personal honor of an American citizen is so easily thrown away because you can’t be bothered to follow your word? It’s not about being a good little citizen it’s about the value you place on the agreements you have made. Like following the rules of the road. You agree each and every time they make you sign for your license that you will follow ALL the rules for driving.

And yet you speed and don’t use blinkers. You seem to think that it’s perfectly ok to ignore the rules when it suits you and yet your the same person who would be screaming for help from the same law enforcers that you mock.Youcant have it both ways. You do realize honor isn’t grey. It’s pretty black and white.

You give your word, your honor and then you chose to ignore that honor in favor of whatever petty reason you use. You don’t want to wait. You agreed that they can check you out. How is them doing what you agreed to somehow unjust?

You have to wait, e checked then on your way. This is t a death penalty issue or a unjust tax or law. It’s what you agreed to! If you have so much of a problem with it then don’t sign your name to the agreement.

Don’t shop there.

As for karma, you get what you give in this life. If all people like you give is grief and drama then that’s what you get beck tenfold.

to Durpa #1520989

I have an excellent driving record. I do not speed or fail to signal lane changes?

And it's not "ignoring" the rules, on the contrary. It's making a very deliberate conscious choice not to follow them. If the masses all follow the same ignorant rules then the rules will never change. Whom is mocking a Law Enforcement officer?

I believe my original point..."Retail employees are not Law Enforcement".

The point is a Costco Employee is not a member of Law Enforcement, therefore they have no business acting as such. The more successful I have become in life, the more I have seen and experienced, the less tolerable I am to "Silly Rules" and "Silly People" like you.

to Anonymous #1521458

Fine. Stubbornly insist that you do not have to adhere to the rules that you agreed to adhere to.

I don't know why you cannot grasp that you agreed to the rules when you signed up and cannot just decide not to follow them without consequences. You should have read them before you signed up. Where do YOU work anyway? Do you have clients or customers who frustrate you with their blatant refusal to follow procedure?

If you do not follow the rules, surrender your membership. Period.

to JellyDoll #1521645

I am a Systems Engineer for large Cyber Security company. I specialize in deployment and maintenance of our virtualization infrastructure and our Storage or SAN infrastructure.

Some of our "clients" include British Airways, United Emirates Airline, Best buys, The United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, The United States Air Force, The Tennessee Valley Authority, Florida Power and Light and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (We specialize in legacy SCADA hardening). Our customers come to us for White Hat ethical hacking services.

We also have a Apache Hadoop cluster that it constantly downloading, processing and parsing web traffic world wide, looking for new emerging threats in near real time.I will continue to use Costco and I will continue to object to senseless rules by choosing not to follow them. Nobody is going to surrender anything.

to Anonymous #1522113

Goody for you. Not impressed.

You sound like an arrogant, pretentious jerk, and not someone with whom I would personally associate. You're not a rebel, you're not not going to change the world, you're not inspiring anyone to stand up to "The Man." You're just being a jerk.Enjoy being the guy everyone rolls their eyes at when his back is turned.

to JellyDoll #1522390

Facts are not meant to impress, rather they are simply "facts". Live your boring life in the Pharmacy.

to JellyDoll #1522394

And it was you whom asked what I did for a living (The facts). Still resorting to name calling? Boring.

to Anonymous #1525639

Why don't you just clearly state here: "I am above the rules. They do not apply to me. I am better than everyone else." and be done with it?

to JellyDoll #1522405

"I don't know why you cannot grasp that you agreed to the rules when you signed up and cannot just decide not to follow them"This is false, given the fact that Costco does this exact same thing. See "Costco is discriminating against age!!" post.

to JellyDoll #1525649

We are all above "ridiculous rules". "Ridiculous rules" apply to none us. We earn our way through life.

to Anonymous #1526355

Okay, so then it's alright if we go out and murder people and steal from them to get head. Because who needs rules?

to JellyDoll #1526357

Or get "ahead" but I suppose either applies.

to Anonymous #1521459

Also, you come off as extremely arrogant and very rude. You must be a Republican.

to Anonymous #1521667

Then perhaps you should stop acting like him - throwing tantrums, acting entitled, etc.

to JellyDoll #1521646

I am a Democrat leaning more towards a Libertarian, President Donald John Trump is a national embarrassment.

to Anonymous #1526007

We are all above "Ridiculous Rules". "Ridiculous Rules" should apply to no one. We earn our place in life.

to Anonymous #1526376

JD- Do you lack commen sense? You can not, as an individual determine the difference between a "Ridiculous Rule" vs Muder or Thieft?

They are Apples and Oranges.

With you're "Logic" because I refuse to prove I am not a Thief, and deny Costco the added inconvenience of waiting in line to exit the building after our transaction has transpired, I am a Murderer? You lack moral fiber if you cannot know the difference.

to Anonymous #1526443

Yeah, I can. I also know the difference between "your" and "you're." You said we are all above ridiculous rules, but why do you get to decide which rules are ridiculous?

If everyone just decided not to follow rules they considered ridiculous, then my scenario of theft and murder would apply to someone, somewhere, who believes they are above the rules. You should not have agreed to follow Costo's rules if you had no intention of doing so, and to continue to stubbornly insist that you can, and you should, just makes you look more and more ridiculous yourself.