1875 Hempstead Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601, USA
4.1

My mom and I were checking out on Monday, March 26 at the Costco on 1875 Hempstead Lancaster, PA. My mom had brought her membership renewal paper in hopes of renewing it in advance to avoid late fees or possibly forgetting.

Technically the membership does not have to be renewed until May however, my mom would be on a business trip during that time and would not have anyone available to renew it. Once my mom handed our cashier, Ashley R. the paper, we were completely taken back. She insisted three consecutive times that the membership did not have to be renewed until May and that it made “absolutely no sense” to do so in advance.

As loyal customers of Costco for over twenty years, we have never experienced such unprofessional behavior.

I personally hold Costco to a high standard who only employ people with good customer service and patience. I hope that Costco’s Human Resources department takes their customer's feedback to heart so this situation never has to occur to anyone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Cashier.

Comments

I guess it depends on your attitude, but it sounds to me like Ashley was trying to help. You can set the automatic renewal feature, if you want.

@Anonymous

If Ashley was trying to help, she would have processed our renewal without questions-like the other employees who have renewed our membership in the past. She clearly expressed annoyance in her tone when she called over member services.

After the transaction was complete, she immediately moved on to the next customer and started complaining how my mom was holding up the line-right in front of us.

She did not even bother to say "thank you" or "have a good day"The automatic renewal feature is not an option as my mom is very traditional-and refuses to "charge" anything. In other words, she pays everything with cash.

Costco Reviews