Burnaby, British Columbia
3.2

Our 50th wedding anniversary party was an outdoor barbecue hosted by our son and his wife on August 13, 2016. A BBQ chef supplied the chicken and the salmon -- they were very good.

Our son and I bought two whole beef strip loins at Costco's Port Coquitlam BC location. Our son cut the strip loins into one-and-a-half-inch and two-inch steaks but found we needed another to make 50 steaks, so we bought another whole strip loin at Costco's Burnaby BC location. The strip loin steaks were marinated for two days in Costco's organic virgin olive oil and garlic, lime juice, Lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper. The three strip loins cost three hundred and sixty dollars all together.

At our barbecue anniversary party supper, I took one of the steaks, a small piece of salmon and a chicken thigh, with the intention of sharing the steak with my husband of 50 years. To my horror, I couldn't even cut the steak it was so tough and so full of gristle! It went into the organic waste bucket. I feel so ashamed that we served this "shoe leather " steak to our guests.

We are Executive Member cardholders and have been shopping Costco for many, many years.

We are so disappointed and at a very important function in our lives -- Costco failed us and we are embarrassed and humiliated at what was supposed to be an excellent supper. What happened, Costco?

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Strip Loin Steak.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Costco Pros: Usually very good prices and quality for limited range of goods.

Costco Cons: Experience with costco strip loins gristly and tough.

Comments