San Francisco, California

To improve on their customer service at Richmond, CA #482. Sunday 09/13/09 I purchased a Cinemark Tickets. I waited in line at customer service pick-up, I was the only person in line. This lady name "Jane" (white female, in her late 60's, orange hair) whose was standing right in front me doing something in the counter right next to pick-up area. There was another counter by the pick-up area are couple of staffs doing nothing just standing. Didn't even had the courtesy to ask if I need something or am I being help. My husband went to restroom while me waiting for somebody to help me, after 10minutes of waiting my husband got back from restroom asking me if somebody help me. I said no, I am still waiting. Finally "Jane" overheard me talking to my husband complaining I am still not being help, she looked at me and said do you have a pick-up?, of course I was a bit agitated when I responded to her due to the fact that she already saw me and still pretending she did not see me. She gave me an attitude (inappropriate gesture) with her eyes rolled up and said "Well I am only asking! I was stunned in awe asking myself why is this lady misbehaving! Where is the courtesy and good customer service! I was really hyped up and started yelling at her saying I pay my annual dues. Me and my family comes her every week and spend a lot of money at least $250-300 dollars and this is the *** service that I get! Unbelievable! I am sorry but you are one rude old lady, as much as I respect elder people, I have no respect with people who are rude to me. She was just smiling with smirk. When I saw that reaction, my blood pressure went up and called her *** lady! The staff reacted to me like you have no right calling her that! This guy Alexander saying that's enough! Salamat po!(sounded like he was mocking my dialect in Filipino). I reacted more due to the fact that she didn't even apologize. Alexander came to and said "I am only going to ask you once to lower down your voice and stop yelling. My husband said you guys didn't even apologized and you reacted to my wife instead of knowing what is the root of this, I wouldn't reacted this bad, if this lady (Jane) was nice to me. If she only let me know that "mam somebody will be with you shortly" or "as soon as I am done with this I will be with you shortly" then, at least I know that I am not ignored, that I will feel valued as a customer" but instead they treated you like a ***, like I'm supposed to be lucky because I go to their store. I have complained so, many times on that store but I don't see any improvements at all with their customer service. Even if you complained to the store manager, you will still feel ignored. The manager won't even listen to you, the gesture like is I have no time for this drama, don't you have better things to do?, I worked so hard for my money and I want to be treated like a valued customer if I go to your store. Why is it that they are the only store who has a very bad customer service? In other locations like San Leandro #118, Santa Clara, even in Monterey CA, or Las Vegas, I am satisfied with their customer service. I wouldn't be surprise if the customers stopped going to their store due to very poor in good customer service. I could have gone to other store, who is less stress because it's more personal and plus I don't have to spend that much money and I know that I will be taken good care off. I can go on and on with all the bad customer service that I experienced or observed in this store. I hope some higher authority of Costco will do something about this. Give your staff an annual training about good customer service, how to handle an irate customer. Once a year remind them how to value their customers, how to handle a situation like that. Customer won't be misbehaving if we are treated nicely!

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Manager.

Comments

Yelling and swearing are not acceptable. You are out of touch with proper manners and reasonable thought.

If you are feeling ignored after numerous complaints - it is because you are being ignored because you are unreasonable and rude. You suggested that someone had a racial attitude towards you but you are just as bad because you keep judging her because of her age. It's the same thing.

And do you think yelling and swearing will get you better customer service in the future? Try putting a bit of positive effort in to being a nice person yourself.

I'm sorry you encountered one of the very rare rude Costco employees. I believe you.

This was an unfortunate and regrettable incident that, hopefully, will never be repeated. I have also, on occasion, encountered an employee on a powertrip.

Maybe next time just walk away and think of your kid or something you love (like Big Love Season 3)to help calm your mind.

Also, your husband was in the restroom for 10 minutes? Did he make a stinky at the Costco?

Don't renew your yearly membership or shop at another Costco near your home, but never call a employee an "old lady" when you have a complaint. they probably know how rude you are since you shop there every week and just don't want to deal with your rudeness. Get a life!

515-451-2267 :cry