Boston, Massachusetts

Costco Wholesale Club cake decorator tries to steal bakery customers by Anonymous Feb 10 5 comments Review #: 475049

Company Costco Wholesale Club Product / Service Cake Decorator Location Avon, Ma Category Supermarkets and Malls Views 24

As I grow older I have come accustomed to paying for things that as a child we would never have dreamed being charged such as water.Water falls from the sky for free, yet we all pay hundreds of dollars each year for bottled water.

Air is free. We all breath it in and out freely on a daily basis. Now we are charged to put air in our tires. The new warehouse clubs, we pay our hard earned money for the privilege to shop at their location.

But now to add insult to injury I am at Costco Wholesale Club in Avon attempting to order a special cake for a special event when this woman approaches me and tells me she is the cake decorator, Linda, and she can make me a bigger, better, more creative cake than Costco allows her to do if I will order it from her personally and she will do the work at her home and meet me to deliver the cake and she can collect her cash. Is this some new service or is this an employee stealing from their employer? I admit I am old fashioned but that encounter really irked me. I pay to shop there, not to be accosted and hustled while I am there.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am not sure who to tell.

But the whole thing makes me want to give up my membership.Any thoughts?..Comments (5) Hide comments

Comment review as anonymous or Login

CAPTCHA

Give me a break

Give me a break

1 day ago ..

I heard from the cake decorator that all the bakery managers do is walk around and talk to people. All the work falls on her. Basically, I would tell her not to let the door hit you on your way out. Reply

1 day ago ..

Ya have to watch that Costco Bakery. They take the items that did not sell timely and repackage them with a new code date making the item appear as though it was just made. At least at the cake decorator's house it should be something made fresh LOLAnd yea, we pay to shop there, who's the smart one?? But stealing is stealing and should never be allowed. No matter what the manner of theft.

2 days ago from Astoria, Oregon ..

With Costco it's cake decorating OUR WAY or the HIGHWAY, take or leave it.... The manager would not hesitate to fire this employee if he was made aware of your encounter. If the employee wishes to offer more than Costco then to open a bakery elsewhere. Reply

GNedley

GNedley

2 days ago ..

Does anyone know who the warehouse manager is or how I can contact him or her. Plenty of people agree with me about wanting to turn in their memberships to Costco. Who needs that extra aggravation every time you go to shop. I am not helping some low life steal from the employer. Reply

Feb 10 from Torrance, California ..

You should complain to the manager of that store. That employee should be fired. Reply

Comments

yes let's keep on allowing the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. Lets fire the woman who is looking for more work because we would like to help a multi million dollar corporation.

So what.,Big deal you sound like a the kind of person that would call a peace keeper over a kid going to your house to sell you girl scout cookies.If the woman was well kept (clean) and professional why not!

That how a lot of caterers get started .

I believe this situation the employee was out of line. But being in the catering business I see ,especially with cakes, almost every store bakery employee is already a professional at their occupation most store bakeries sell a more plain cookie cutter type cake while most custom wedding cakes you see are from someone like this.

Its accually very common. A store couldn't possibly pay an employee to spend the amount of time for one custom cake. Im glad people like this still do it a bakery specializing in wedding cakes get several thousand dollars private party bakers sell the same or better for less than half.

Just my two cents. Tony