Oxnard, California
3K views

The Costco car wash in Oxnard California put a sizable chip on the drivers side door of my car. I noticed the chip immediately when I got home but I became ill and was unable to follow up for a approximately a week and a half.

I went in yesterday and originally told the manager what happened I wanted her to know that something was wrong with the machine. She encouraged me to submit an incident report. When I submitted an incident report the claims representative took all of fifteen minutes to determine that they were not going to fix it.

BEWARE ANYONE WHO USES THE CAR WASH AT COSTCO GET OUT AND CHECK YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY! They are in the assumption that their car wash is perfect I have a damaged car that indicates they're not.

Comments

I went through Costco carwash Boise on Sunday 3/18/18. I parked in the lot immediately afterwards to dry my car as I always do.

That's when I saw the damage from the brushes on my hood. I have an 09 Ford Focus. It has a few scratches from parking in lots but the hood definitely did NOT have these scratches before I went in. I did not notice scratches anywhere else.

There seems to be some circular scratches on the driver's side of the hood from the side brushes as well as deeper scratches in the center from the overhead brush.I spoke to the manager. He took pics and gave me a copy of the claim he submitted.

So far I have not heard back from Costco.. I hope they will pay to have the scratches buffed out.

#1520094
@Tony M

I am also from Boise and had damage on the hood of my suv in July 2018. Mine was on the drivers side of the hood and they were cut marks back and forth.

They denied my claim and said this couldn’t of happened from the cost car wash because all the moving parts cloth is like microfiber.

I’m highly irritated. Because I heard the machine make a loud noise too.Did they ever pay for your claim or turn you down also?

Thank you for your sharing your unfortunate experience. I just noticed the L for Lexus on the driver side of my rims are damaged.

This could only have happened at Costco Car Wash.

Am also sick about this and considering the useless time of filing a complaint. Nevertheless, I will file!

prfJolie

This really happened to my car. I wrote this because I am upset in how Costco handled the situation.

I understand that some people would consider this to be a BS story. I assure you this is not. I wanted to share my experience because after all buying a nice car can be costly and I know that I want to protect my investment as long as possible by taking care of it. I have learned my lesson, from know on I will wash my own car.

Maybe my situation is rare and not the norm. Thank you all for reading my post.

@prfJolie

This happened to me too at the same store and got the same result. I contacted my insurance company. You should do the same and I recommend that we should file a lawsuit together.

prfJolie

I can appreciate your comment. I too have seen small scratches after using the car wash and have never said anything. This time it took off a noticible amount of paint down to the metal.

This is a Great warning!

However I would be surprised if my car wasn't dinged by this type of carwash.