Norwalk, Connecticut
2.7

Got prescription readers two years ago from Costco - Norwak, CT and was told at this time that there was not "hard and fast" rule on a scratch warranty - that they "pretty much honor their product no matter what". This is why I purchased it there vs. at my doctor's office.

Well...when I tried to get my scratched and glare coat peeled lenses replaced, it was a different story. And the very snippy optical cashier was horribly rude. When I asked for the policy in writing, he would not give it to me - he "just knew" it was one year and if I had a problem with that to come back on Sat. to see Jeff (optical manager).

I did see Jeff and he didn't have the policy either and pretty much told me too bad but he's check with "Cindy" - he wasn't hopeful. He'd also try to get a copy of the warranty.

What kind of a deceptive practice is this? You are told one thing, decide to purchase BASED on this fact, then told something completely different at a later date.

We spend THOUSAND's at our Norwalk, CT Costco. The ending of the Amex relationship was bad enough, but this horrible service has pretty much sealed it with me. After 20 years and probably over $100,000 spent, I think it's time to bid Costco goodbye.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Cashier.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments