West Springfield, Massachusetts

I placed an order at the costco website for a set of tires for $967. 20 minutes after placing the order, I cancelled it because I could get the tires faster if I ordered then at the costco store.

The person on the phone said that I had cancelled it soon enough before it was processed so no activity on my debit card. Turns out there is a $967 hold on my debit card so it did go through. I called my bank and they said they needed verification from Costco that the order had been cancelled. I called Costco and explained the very specific procedure that my bank needed from them to cancel the hold.

That was Friday morning. My bank said it would take less than 2 hours to remove the hold once they received the info from Costco. As of this Saturday morning, the hold is still on. I called Costco back and they never bothered to send the form to my bank.

The y said the hold would be off by Tuesday. I find that aggravating since my bad said the hold would fall off automatically by Tuesday, seven days after the hold being put on. I asked to speak to a manager at Costco.com and conveniently there wasn't one available. So bottom line, Costco couldn't be bothered to take five minutes to send a form to my bank to remove the hold.

Instead they let the bank sit on $967 of my money for a full week.

I'm one of Costco's biggest fans and spend a lot of money there. I'm truly disappointed at this terrible customer service and frustrated the there isn't anything I can do about it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I'm pretty upset. I ordered some iTunes gift cards on a really good promotion yesterday.

I had forgotten to "verify" my membership on my online account, so they canceled the order (why not just delay it until I verify the membership?). One day later the hold is still on my card. It's for $270, so I need to wait until the hold is gone to re-place the order. Seriously, Costco?

Now I might miss the sale. Thanks.

Costco Reviews