I have never seen such horrible customer service than at Costco. Most companies are all about keeping customers happy. Costco seems to have a different policy. I have read several reviews & they all seem to revolve around the same thing. Rude customer service. Perhaps Costco should address some of these issues & update their policies (because the common response to these complaints seems to be "that's policy"). Here are some suggestions:
1. Don't be rude to your members. They pay to shop there so maybe you should keep them happy so that they will keep coming back. It's called "customer loyalty".
2. When a member brings in a guest, try to sell them a membership, especially when the guest wants to buy something. Don't be rude to the guest because they are not a Costco member, because guess what? After seeing how rude & snooty your staff can be, they won't want to buy a membership. Doesn't more members equal more profit?
3. Your system allows people to pay with credit cards that have a different name than the member card, so stop telling people that your "system" does not do that. See point 2 for a solution.
4. Just because two people have the same address on their drivers license does not mean they live in the same household. It just means that they have the same mailing address.
5. If you have issues with guests taking advantage of member pricing, then have non-member pricing. Worked at Safeway.
We don't love in Costcoland.
Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Credit Card.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
Costco Cons: Horrible customer service, Cashier, Cold service clerks.