I am a migraine sufferer. I sent my 17 year old son to get some food for him and his 2 brothers as I'm sick.

They didnt check the card when he arrived in front and he shopped for about 1hour. He gets to the cashier and she is RUDELY freaking out. His names not on the card. He explained i said i would add him.

It was still no. Im confused as to why she dared compare THE COSTCO CARD with a DRIVERS LICENSE!! Who knew costco was that big of deal.

Its crazy they apparently dont care about the fact that some of their customers need their old enough to drive kids to help them.

They can shop anywhere but to shop at Costco they must be old enough to join ranks.!! *** NUTS

Review about: Costco Cashier.

Comments

Costco Does Not monitor this board, and so Costco Will Not read your complaint.Since you are That pissed to post a complaint about Costco on this website, send Costco a letter explaining your complaint.Their contact information is found on their website.

to Anonymous #1521124

Since you are That pissed to post a complaint about Costco on this website, send Costco Corporate Headquarters a complaint explaining your complaint.Their contact information is found on their website.

#1520460

Groceries or diamonds, *** Wife and I bought a Yamaha Baby Grand Piano just last Saturday. The Yamaha dealer sets up in the Atlanta Costco's for 9 days twice a year.

What ever we buy, we are the customers. I think this OP was upset at the lack of customer service.

to Anonymous #1520800

The OP was upset because she didn't read the rules, realized she messed up, felt stupid and then tried to cover it up by insisting she was right...in the process, making herself look even more ridiculous.

to JellyDoll #1520998

I am not so sure. According to the complaint "why she dared compare THE COSTCO CARD with a DRIVERS LICENSE!!".

For years I have used Costco and different locations, never have they asked to see my drivers license to compare to my card. Often they simply scan the bar code on the back never looking at the picture on the card. If there is some rule that says they must, then it is the responsibility of the employee to check every time, at every location, all the time with no exceptions. Else they open up a liability of discrimination by only checking "some" people membership cards against the customers drivers license and not others.Costco can not have it both ways.

This is binary. Assuming they have a rule or policy in place to always check Membership Cards against Driver License. They must do it all the time everywhere with every customer or member.

If they are not for any reason, they are negating there very own rule.Assuming no such rule or policy is in place, then they had no right to ask this kid for his drivers license to compare to the membership card in his possession. That is discrimination.

to Anonymous #1521323

No, it is NOT discrimination. Did anyone even bother to read the rules, which I posted about 37 times already?

She signed the membership. It's not Costco's problem that she did not read the rules.

to Anonymous #1521635

No, the problem is Costco fails to enforce there rules consistently. The very fact that I as a Customer have never been asked to show my Identification to validate against my Membership card, yet they asked this kid to do so is the very definition of Discrimination!

to Anonymous #1526449

They didn't ask, most likely, because you appear to be over the age of 18. The kid she sent in was 17. This is not rocket science.

to JellyDoll #1526476

As you are found of saying "Did you know for a fact" that this kid appeared to be under 18 years of age? Some 17 year old appear much older.

Have you seen this kid? Or are you just inventing "facts" to back up the claim?

I think we found the real Conservative Republican. Watch the assumptions you chose to make.

to Anonymous #1526677

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said the kid appeared to be under 18.

But the simple fact remains that he WAS. Therefore, broken rules, therefore, refusal of service.

Nice try with the whole distraction thing, though. The Republican ball is now in your court.

#1520452

Groceries are only about only half their sales. How about diamonds at the grocery store? Being clueless is not becoming to you.

#1519418

Membership is available to all qualifying individuals 18 years of age and over. Period. They cannot bend the rules just for you.

to JellyDoll #1519420

It's a grocery store! Who knew there were rules! I gladly put him on my card.And if u read my complaint you would know I didnt ask them to bend anything.

to Anonymous #1519444

It's a CLUB, not a grocery store. The rules are clearly posted.

You didn't read them, you felt foolish, so now you're blaming them. Period.

to JellyDoll #1519595

It's not "bending the rules" it's called customer service. We pay for service not to be harassed our scrutinized by some trash "Grocery Gestapo".

to Anonymous #1519445

I read your complaint. Obviously, YOU did not read the rules.

So here you go:Membership is available to all qualifying individuals 18 years of age and over.A free household Card is available to a primary cardholder’s spouse, domestic partner, or immediate family member over the age of 18 and living at the same address.

Household Cardholders will be asked to present proof that they live at the same address as the primary cardholder.You may bring up to two guests in the warehouse each time you shop, though only Costco members may purchase items.You will be required to show your membership card when entering any Costco warehouse and when checking out at a payment register. Photographs of membership cards cannot be used in warehouses in lieu of an actual membership card.

to JellyDoll #1519596

JellyDoll get over it. It is just a stupid grocery store, but one WE have paid to join.It's not "bending the rules" it's called customer service. We pay for service not to be harassed or scrutinized by some "Grocery Gestapo".

to Anonymous #1519608

Please, stubbornly insist upon calling it a grocery store. It's a membership club, and although your annual renewal and fees allow you to shop there, you still must follow the rules to which you agreed when you signed the contract. Now if only they sold intelligence in bulk there, you'd be fine...as long as you didn't try to send your kid to pick it up.