Costco - Raw Rotisserie Chicken

109 of 736 Costco reviews

I am very upset because I bought what I thought was a fully cooked rotisserie chicken and it is in fact, half raw.The meat around the bones is red and slimy.

I found this out when I served the chicken to my dinner guests about 30 minutes ago. Right now I am pan frying the chicken and I hope that no one has lost their appetite for the main part of the meal. I will never buy another Costco rotisserie chicken or recommend it to my family or friends. Firstly, selling undercooked chicken is unsafe, then there is the secondary matter of inconvenience and embarrassment.

Believe me, if I didn't have guests in my home I would be back at the store to slap the red slimy meat on their customer service counter and ask them if they cared to eat it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Good range and quantity of everyday products
  • What I disliked

Rotisserie Chicken
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #803811 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Costco? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
109 of 736 Costco reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 09 #1124699

Strange, this has not been my experience. They check the temperature of every rotisserie chicken, and I have eaten lots of them with no problem.

0 0 Reply

Mar 10 #1124909 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Who knows if the temperature was in fact checked on this particular batch of chickens. Maybe it didn't get done. Or if the meat thermometer wasn't pushed in deep enough to go right through to the middle and near the bones. Maybe others have had the same experience with undercooked meat but haven't said or done anything about it. It could be that this was an isolated incident.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Costco. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
×