I recently purchased a 22" Samsung HDTV from Costco (Model T220HD). I was able to hook it up but the screen turned black intermittently. This indicated a power problem, either in the set or my home.
I called Costco Technical Support and after an unsuccessful attempt to solve the problem, they connected me with someone at Samsung. That person also failed and tried putting me through to a more experienced technician. However, the call was disconnected and I was left with a dial tone.
The next morning, I returned to Costco and exchanged the 22'' Model for a 24" Model, (Samsung T240HD). I returned home with the larger set and spent most of that day on the phone with Costco Technical Support, trying to get the set to work. I was having the same problem as I was having with the 22" set.
I then decided to give up on Samsung and return to Costco for a third set. Before going to bed that night, I tried jiggling the connection of the power cord to the back of the TV. I discovered that power was reaching the set intermittantly. It then dawned on me that the plug going into the TV was too loose and was dropping down due to its own weight and breaking contact.
I tried wrapping some adhesive tape around the plug so that it would fit more tightly into the recess in the back of the TV. It worked!! Problem solved. No thanks to Costco or Samsung. I find it hard to believe that none of the technicians knew about this poorly designed connection which had caused me so much trouble.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Hdtv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "Yesterday I received my BIG LOTS Buzz Club online sales ad. They advertised and showed a picture of a reindeer door . the ad reads, " assorted Christmas textiles,..."
- "ALmost 2 years ago I purchased some Natura paint from Benjamin Moore. It was advertised as no voc and no odor. Right. Not only was it toxic and..."
- "I HAD MY 96 DODGE RAM VAN 250 BREAK DOWN IN MOURBERN FLORIDA .IT COST ME AT THE AAMCO THERE 2500 DOLLARS TO REBUILD MY TRANS IN ORDER TO GET..."
- "I have a pair of work boots my parents bought me for christmas. Making them less than a year old and the soles are falling apart. I usually buy timberland..."
- "i spoke with 4 difeerent people about my phone today. The top of the screen is almost unreadiable also the ringer and sound cuts in and out when it wants..."
- "Ups is the WORST!! I sent my tv with them since i was moving to another state and i even pay the insurance that the UPS store sold me... so..."