Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 27

I've spoken to Erica Johnson from CBC go public, and also spoken to Global News. They will be following up with Costco if I don't get a resolution.

Original review posted by user Nov 27

I ordered a tv worth over $2000.00 online. Apparently their courier delivered it to our front porch, without ringing the bell (notifications come to our phone), without checking if someone was home, without getting a signature.

When we got home, there was no tv to be found anywhere. I contacted Costco and they told me to go through the lengthy process of doing a police report, which I did. As soon as i provided them with the information for the police report, they told me that couldn't help me. My claim was denied and that they'd no longer be shipping anything to my address because the address was not "secure".

So now I'm out all my money because these idiot's didn't think that it was a stupid idea to leave something like a expensive tv on my front steps without my authorization. To tell you the truth, I'm pretty skeptical that the tv was even delivered at all, because 22 minutes later I had a snow blower delivered, and there was no tv here when that delivery happened.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Costco Pros: Costco the store, Generally i like most things.

Costco Cons: Customer is out of luck if order is lost.

• Costco representative
  • undelievered order
  • Poor Company Ethics
  • Terrible Customer Serivce
  • Costco taking no responsibility

Comments

This is illogical. The unit was paid for "Online" ...did the person use a credit card for the order? Seems so, and if so the card company needs to file/start a dispute immediately.

Satrupa G
@Anonymous

It didn't cross my mind to start a dispute with my credit card company. I'll be doing that tomorrow

I hope you used a credit card so you could dispute the charge.

Satrupa G
@Anonymous

Honestly I didn't even think to contact my credit card company. I'll be doing that first thing tomorrow morning

Costco Reviews