About two weeks ago I had to renew my membership, so I did at the check out. I want to pay for the standard card but because I already had the prime membership I had to pay the full amount.

I was told by the lady at the checkout that all I had to do was go over to customer service and they would refund me. Stood in line for about 20 minutes to be informed that I would have to return another day to be refunded. I told them that the lady at checkout told me I would get refunded right away. They then told me that the people at the checkout dont have a clue and that the lady who dealt with me was new.

Now I have been a member for about 14 years. She has been there for over 2 years. What a lie. I asked for a full refund instead and guess what THEY GAVE IT TO ME.

I HAD TO CANCEL MY FULL MEMBER SHIP BUT THEY COULD NOT REFUND ME TO DOWN SIZE MY CARD. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

WAIT DONT BOTHER WHAT A HEADACHE I AM NOW A FULL MEMBER OF BJS AND I AM JUST SO ANNOYED . PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Prime Membership.

Costco Cons: Staff and customer service.

Comments

i work at costco and trust me the cashiers think they know but they DON'T. You get your renewal two months before your membership is due, so that gave you two months to downgrade to the basic level.

also what time did you do this at?

what they haveto do is take you to a different register and refund the renewal that the cashier charged you and then bring you to membership to do the down grade and renewal there. you probably had attitude and that is why they told you to come back another day.