Went into the 88th street Costco in Kansas City on Monday, May 7th, 2018 to use my week old membership. As I walked in the entry door three Costco women were huddled and chit chatting.

As I walked in with my service dog one of the three (Sarah) came to me and said " I need to see your card". I pulled my card out of my wallet and presented the card to Sarah. I asked Sarah why the four people before me were not asked for their cards. She said "they all showed their cards" and I told her nobody in front of me showed their cards.

I started to walk away and I thought to myself, do I want any part of paying this woman's salary? I decided not and approached Sarah and read her name tag and told her she was prejudice. Sarah laughed and told on of the three gals in the huddle in a extremely snippy tone, "oh he says I'm prejudice" so a blond wearing a red vest came to me and said " I'm her supervisor, what is the problem"? I looked at the supervisor and walked to the customer service counter and asked for my money back for the card, explained the deal with Sarah.

The gal at the service counter said " wait and tell the manager about this" so I waited for a few minutes and asked for my money back again. The customer service gal said " wait for the manager" I just walked out.

So, I called member services in Washington State and spoke with Ramon, asked to cancel my week old membership. He asked why and I explained the aforementioned. He took my credit card information and told me I could expect the refund in three to five business days.

It has now been 8 days and no refund. Numerous calls and emails have been made to Costco, I drove the 88th street store yesterday, spoke to a "customer service manager (Lewis) and nothing was resolved.

Lewis is a talking head.

These folks at Costco are freaking horrible con artists. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CREEPS!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Customer Care.

Comments

I think this refund issue is resolved after hours upon hours of speaking to various people in the vast Costco maze of bureaucracy. What a nightmare!!!!I will never get involved with Costco again in what little time I have left on this earth....

Gee, h. Kitchener, you have made over 2400 comments on this site regarding complaints of various companies or establishments. I'm 72 years old and this is the first complaint I have ever made in my life.

Machele

Sounds like that chip on your shoulder is getting larger.

Costco Reviews