Commons Shopping Center 1310, 1085 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103, USA

I wonder about Costco policies regarding ID’ing customers for alcohol purchases. I was asked for my ID by one of the cashiers.

Well if you are in 30’s I can understand that ….when you are in 60’s …??? Well when you are in 60’s it doesn’t’ sound as a compliment anymore, ha…more like insult. When I called manger and I asked for the reason of ID’ing people who are obviously way over legal age, she told me that its Costco policy to ID everyone even there is no doubt about their legal age. I shop in ABS stores, Harris Teeter, Food Lion etc.

I was never asked for ID.

I never had any issues with Costco service or produce, but this incident with one of the cashers and manager make me thinking should I go back to Costco? I honestly felt like service was provided by totally untrained cashier and manger is absolutely incompetent.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Train your employees and management.

Comments

sniffle... poor you.

LadyScot

Anonymous, clearly I meant an identifiable handle for the internet, not my real name. If you google LadyScot, you will find I use the same handle everywhere on the web.

I do not hide behind ANONYMOUS like a coward that can not be traced.

My handle is easily traceable. And you called me the stup!D nutjob.

That is over the top arrogance. They have lost self respect & therefore respect for others, let alone the elderly !

LadyScot

Their store, their rules. Want different rules, then open your own store.

@LadyScot

LadyScot, with the beard, you must be a shill, no one is that *** !

@Jim 1234

Seriously dude. Don't you listen to music? If you can't figure out who that is, you need some metal education.

@Jim 1234

She's a well-known troll here. She also use to troll other consumer sites such as Planetfeedback and My3cents , but both those sites have pretty much died off (due to trolls like her).

I believe she still bullies people on Complaintsboard. Her trolling has gone on for many, many years. If I had invested time and money into a website, I d@mn sure would not let a troll like her come onto my site and chase people away.

Traffic = revenue and people like her chase revenue away. She is like a virus.

@Anonymous

At least I don't hide behind an anonymous nic. I state clearly who I am. I also speak the truth, and people like you can not handle the truth.

@Anonymous

LMAO!!!! Because clearly ladyscot is your real name, you stup!D nutjob.

Most U.S. stores are engaging in this ridiculous practice of ID'ing everyone, even those that are clearly old enough to have great grandchildren.

This is very much an AMERICAN practice. We Europeans are much more sensible.

@Anonymous

What is the penalty for selling alcohol to an underage person in European countries?

@LadyScot

Unlike you daft Americans, we can easily distinguish between a 60 something year old and a person under 18.

@Anonymous

You never answered the question. However, as I did a little research, here is the drinking age of European countries, which are WAY more lenient than ours.

Here, not only will a person go to jail for selling to a minor, they can lose their job and everything they own when they are sued for it, as well as the business they work. It is not a matter of being able to tell someone's age, it is making *** sure you do not make a mistake that can cost you.

Since you feel this way then perhaps you should call their corporate headquarters and complain to them. Tell corporate headquarters this as well...

I never had any issues with Costco service or produce, but this incident with one of the cashers and manager make me thinking should I go back to Costco?I honestly felt like service was provided by totally untrained cashier and manger is absolutely incompetent.

Here is their contact information.

Costco Corporate Office Address

Costco Wholesale Corporation

999 Lake Dr Issaquah, WA 98027 Contact Costco Phone Number: (425) 313-8100 Fax Number: (425) 313-8103 Website: http://www.costco.com