Helena, Montana

I drove to the gas pumps at Costco to fill my extended cab full size pickup. However, all of the left handed lanes were full.

None of the right handed lanes had any cars in them. So I pulled through and did a U turn, but noticed a wrong way sign. I know it might of been wrong, but I though how ridiculous it was to be limited to only pulling in one way. Every gas station in the world allows two ways.

I pulled ahead to the pump, used my Costco card and debit card. As soon as the purchased was approved, before filling, a man approached me telling me I was blocking traffic by doing what I was doing and to cancel my purchase and return to the line and wait my turn. Mind you, no one was using these other lanes, no one! Most cars have their refueling doors on the driver's side.

I canceled my purchase and left.

The car behind me, who decided to try the same thing as me, left also and did not return. Maybe they should think of a better system.

• Gas refueling

Comments

Costco makes their hoses long enough to wrap around the car so that they can regulate the insane amount of cars in their station. You can pull up on the wrong side of your car and the hoses are specially made to even reach over a large truck.

There are swing arms attached to the pumps (look up next time) that allow you to fill up no matter where or which side your fuel door is on.

They use one way traffic as a way to limit car accidents and member injuries (with how busy they get, they don't have a choice).

There really is no excuse for your level of ***.

I had the same thing happen to me! Costco at Manchester and 141 has this same *** rule because most vehicles have the gas fill on the driver side?

I pulled up at 8:15 pm that's fifteen minutes before they close and all of the driver side pumps where occupied by minivans so I waited for about two minutes just to see all of the people taking there time so I whipped around and backed to the furthest pump like your supposed to just backwards and an attendant if that's what you call them since they are just there to tell you what to do ran over and blocked me from opening my do said you in backwards and told me to wait until there is a free pump. NOT THAT THE HOSES REACH FROM EITHER SIDE! So I looked to see if any of the pump became free and No! So my blood started to boil I have a s-10 with a built ls1 with more than super annoying exhaust (Didn't plan it it just happened) So anyway he kept telling me to turn around I said there is no free pumps I said I can't pump here he said no and I revved up my truck every time that douchbag opened his more than unpleasant mouth and I told him that he must of got picked on as a child to treat people this way and he said something but I couldn't here him because I revved up my truck again.

f there rules. I could understand if I was 90 and took 30 min. To turn around but I was done before he even seen me and or rush hour time I wouldn't of even thought about doing it but 15 min. Before they close is retarded!

DO YOU HERE ME COSTCO YOU ARE *** PEOPLE OFF 2 way pumps work everywhere else!

That's like reinventing the wheel to square so cars don't need parking breaks. Durr my name is Costco and we have one way pumps

@***ed ss s-10

There really is no excuse for your level of ***.

...the system is streamlined to allow ppl to get gas and get out quick. Having ppl driving every direction causes chaos and kills time.

Also, did you know that all costco pumps hoses will reach around to the other side of your car?

EX: right side pump will reach the fuel tank on the left side of your vehicle. ,)

@Anonymous

They're too *** to pay attention to what they are doing to notice the swingarms that the hoses rest on above the pump. Its bad enough that its dangerous to have so many ignorant people around flammable liquids (we used to force these types to pay someone to pump for them, I think that was a good idea). It will swing the hose out so you don't even have to bang it against your precious flintstone-mobile.

I don't have these sorts of problems, but then again, I'm not dumb enough to spend $ just to get into the doors of a store when I can go to thousands of other stores with better prices and better brand items.