8629 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
4.4

Just returned from a trip to Costco in Kirkland, WA and left feeling very frustrated and angry at the service I just received from two or your employees. The names of the individuals are Max and Pricilla.

I've noticed over the years that conversations among Costco employees at the register have started to take precedent over customers waiting in line to checkout as was the case today. I approached the register and handed Max my membership card, which he placed on the counter. Rather than acknowledging my presence, he continues to have a conversation with Pricilla about when to take a break or lunch (from what I could hear). Max complains about later being to close to lunch and maybe it should be now instead.

Both go back and forth several times discussing this very issue for a couple of minutes while the line begins to back up. Frustrated, I asked if we are going to have to wait all day for them to make up there mind and finish their conversation, to which I'm told that they'll get back to me and the line when they are done sorting things out. I commented that they should be informing the customer ahead of time for the extended wait, rather than ignoring them them all together. They preceded to continue their conversation going back and forth about whether to stop taking customers and switch or to keep going.

They finally decided to switch personnel and Max preceded stare me down while counting the register. Obviously sensing my frustration, Max decided to make a sarcastic compliment about my hat, so nice of him by the way. To be fare, Pricilla was more of an entertained observer than participant, but I've never encountered such a rude individual like Max and Pricilla in all my years as a Costco member.

I'll tell you one thing, paying $100 a year to receive the service I received from Max today, makes me rethink why I continue to pay this membership fee. I can honestly say that this is the first time I've been so irritated that a communication was warranted and I questioned my consumer loyalty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments