3747 2700 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, USA
5.0

I am a vet, usa citizen, i was born here and i have a permit to carry a gun, I always carry my gun for my protection and to protect others, I have been shopping costco for about a year i have always have my gun on me. We'll today i was approached by a manager cause of my gun i told him there is no signs on the building of what so ever and i have the right to carry my gun.

He told its corporate does not allow guns in side. So i asked him again where is the signs on the building and said there is none, i told him that in all my training i have been told if there is a sign no guns you have to follow the rules. If there is no sign you can carry it in. There is millions of gun owners that carry there guns everywhere.

So i fill this is a law suit waiting to happen. hotchkissoutlaw@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Manager.

Reason of review: no signs on building .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Costco Pros: Manager was also a permit carryer he let me finish my shopping, Store and employees are great.

Costco Cons: No signs on building or doors.

Comments

I think the mgr was very brave to confront you to feel you out, and once he felt you weren't a nut job intent on shooting up his store, he allowed you to continue to shop. I don't know each State's laws about gun-carrying into stores, or signage.

But I would feel more safe while shopping had I spied a pistol-packing shopper buying detergent next to me!

At 66 years of age, I just began the process of getting my permit, having taken a pistol safety course last weekend. The country is no longer the safe place I grew up in...Thank you for carrying your gun to protect yourself & those around you should that situation arise!

I agree there should be signs posted not everybody goes in is a member they may be assisting someone getting something or simply driving them there and not wanting to wait in the car there’s a multitude of reasons hence the reason for a visible sign

Perhaps you have forgotten sir is that it’s a PRIVATE business so they get to make the rules in their store!! You were told to take your gun outside but your selfishness and self entitled nature made you act a fool.

The right thing to do would have been to apologize and take your gun to your vehicle. No fuss no muss and as a SUPPOSED vet you should understand their viewpoint. But in the typical mouthbreather vet mentality something you did 20+ yrs ago makes you feel entitled to dismiss THEIR rights in favor of your desires. I doubt you’re a vet or atleast an American vet.

Every vet I know respects the constitution even the parts they don’t like. You sir look like a petty despot and you should be ashamed of how you make whatever branch you were a part of look as petty and small as you are. The needs of the many outweighs the wants of the individual. In this case they don’t need a wannabe Rambo pretending they would do more then *** themselves if a situation arose.

Your gun is YOUR ego booster and not an issue of personal safety.

Nothing happened so your complaint is they wouldn’t let you carry your toy around the store. Get over it and PLEASE try and remember your place in this great nation of ours.

@Anonymous

You are a *** Doubting someone's claim to be a U.S. Military vet.

I thank God for his service to allow me to live in the greatest country in the world, The United States of America. Your comment just proves that you don't care for our beloved men and women who fight for our freedom.

.S.B H
@Anonymous

what no baals to post a name

OP:

Their gun policy is mentioned under their member privileges and conditions.

This is the link.

Be sure to show your lawyer this link, and have him read that information.

OP:

Really????

You posted your e-mail address on the internet for anyone who reads your complaint to see?

Since you mentioned lawsuit, be prepared for their legal department to only deal with your lawyer.

Costco Reviews