Costco - Member Ship manager yelled and threatened to call Police
Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my flat car tire repaired and to also to pick my son’s birthday cake as today was his birthday.
I spoke to the tire center associate and he told me that since I did not buy the tires from Costco, these cannot be repaired by Costco. How dumb is that? I can understand that Costco does not want to fix my tires for “free” but they can charge me money to fix the tire right? No. They would not fix the tire with or without money. Here I have a 100 dollar per year membership and I have already spent almost 1500 dollars since I joined in Jan 2014 and Costco tells me that they cannot fix the tire.
So I went on to complain to the membership manager at that time. His name is Johnny. He continued to explain that Costco will not do anything. I got a little angry with him and told him that Costco used to do this in the past so not sure why they are not doing it. He (Johnny) also got angry with me and started to shout at me in front of all the customers there. He got really upset with me and I never have experienced anyone like that in the past 10 years. He shouted extremely load at me and threatened to call the police If I did not leave the store (I am sure all the customers around the membership area heard his load voice). So basically he ashamed and humiliated me in front all the customers and shouted at me to leave the store. I am not sure what is Costco’s policy in regards to treating its customers with respect and dignity but I am sure Mr. Johnny was out of line with any and all policies that might exist for any major store like (supposedly Costco), Sam’s Club, Macy, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot etc. I think Costco gives too much of free hand to its employees and does not enforce its employees to treat Costco customers in a fair way. I am surprised to see how a Costco’s store manager could behaved. Does he behave the same way with other customers? Is Costco ok if he continues to behave in such a way? Please let me know what Costco is going to do to correct this situation. Will that manager (Johnny) apologize for his actions? How will Costco monitor this situation? I will make sure to tell my friends and acquaintances to be watch full of Costco employees at this location. I think Costco should put in some rules/policies to have their employees in check.
Please call me and explain to me what the solution to this problem is? Should I cancel my membership now? I am very unhappy with Costco’s customer service and seriously thinking of going back to Sam’s Club.
I have also included the picture of the person (Johnny). Please be aware of him as he is extremely rude and impolite.
Membership Number: 111831135133
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tire Puncture
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "Be very cautious. This on-line company goes by a few names: Flower Delivery Express, Wesley Barry Flowers, American Floral Delivery, and Flowers - Nationwide.Ordered for Valentines Day: A floral..."
- "11665 Comercial Drive Fishers IN Worst customer service experience ever, I waited 15 minutes to be seated while the waitresses walked by me and just stared. Once I was seated with..."
- "I recently purchased a box of BelVita cinnamon brown sugar biscuts from Sam's and have found 6 packets out of 18 that were not sealed on one end at all..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."