Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my flat car tire repaired and to also to pick my son’s birthday cake as today was his birthday.
I spoke to the tire center associate and he told me that since I did not buy the tires from Costco, these cannot be repaired by Costco. How dumb is that? I can understand that Costco does not want to fix my tires for “free” but they can charge me money to fix the tire right? No. They would not fix the tire with or without money. Here I have a 100 dollar per year membership and I have already spent almost 1500 dollars since I joined in Jan 2014 and Costco tells me that they cannot fix the tire.
So I went on to complain to the membership manager at that time. His name is Johnny. He continued to explain that Costco will not do anything. I got a little angry with him and told him that Costco used to do this in the past so not sure why they are not doing it. He (Johnny) also got angry with me and started to shout at me in front of all the customers there. He got really upset with me and I never have experienced anyone like that in the past 10 years. He shouted extremely load at me and threatened to call the police If I did not leave the store (I am sure all the customers around the membership area heard his load voice). So basically he ashamed and humiliated me in front all the customers and shouted at me to leave the store. I am not sure what is Costco’s policy in regards to treating its customers with respect and dignity but I am sure Mr. Johnny was out of line with any and all policies that might exist for any major store like (supposedly Costco), Sam’s Club, Macy, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot etc. I think Costco gives too much of free hand to its employees and does not enforce its employees to treat Costco customers in a fair way. I am surprised to see how a Costco’s store manager could behaved. Does he behave the same way with other customers? Is Costco ok if he continues to behave in such a way? Please let me know what Costco is going to do to correct this situation. Will that manager (Johnny) apologize for his actions? How will Costco monitor this situation? I will make sure to tell my friends and acquaintances to be watch full of Costco employees at this location. I think Costco should put in some rules/policies to have their employees in check.
Please call me and explain to me what the solution to this problem is? Should I cancel my membership now? I am very unhappy with Costco’s customer service and seriously thinking of going back to Sam’s Club.
I have also included the picture of the person (Johnny). Please be aware of him as he is extremely rude and impolite.
Membership Number: 111831135133
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tire Puncture
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives..."
- "They posted on Walmart.com that this hot tube was 400.00...Canceled my order and use...We have to right to cancel because we made a mistake..Not good customer service at all..If you..."
- "I am a BP , I fill that no can answer a question , we are trained to lie , show support to the team , spend my money for..."
- "*** Wide Open West. This is literally the shittiest service I have ever had in my life. Sometimes, I like to relax at the end of the day after work..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."