12601 Corporate Lakes Dr, Fort Myers, FL 33913, USA
1.3

I purchased a HP lap top from Costco...I actually had to purchased 4 to get one that worked. before the end of the 2 year "warranty" it started doing what the first 3 did, a graphic problem.

I called Costco Concierge and they had NO idea what they are doing, I had already (41 years experience in Information Systems)..first they get HP on the phone and tell me I have to buy a recovery disk (cost $65-$85) because the disk is "partitioned"...this lap top is windows 7 professional, and it is NOT a partitioned hard drive. After wasting *** near 16 hours, testing, factory resent and the associated rebuild...it still did the same video interface problem and the left mouse button had broken on the middle. FINALLY I got approval to return the laptop to Costco Concierge. I sent it back in the ORIGINAL BOX.

Got it back, in a different box with very poorly fitting packaging. It was NOT fixed, neither the video issue or the mouse. I got back an unpaired laptop, Concierge claimed they reloaded the OS win7 pro..that was NOT the problem as documented in the waste of my time testing and I am pissed off I had to waste 16 hours of my time and they cared not about the video interface issue or bother to try to repair the left click on the mouse. NEVER AGAIN...Costco did refund my purchase price, but that does nothing for either my 16 hours (2 work days worth of my time) the time without my laptop...

ALORICA (think that is the name of the Costco Concierge contractor) is a bottom feeder...they pay badly at $10$12 or so an hour I have been told.

BAD COSTCO! Bring your Concierge Service in house and PAY the people as well as Costco pays their employees.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hewlett Packard Laptop.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Costco Pros: What i thought was a great warranty.

Comments

If you're so smart with eleventy-one years in IT, fix it yourself.