Bought prescription glasses from Costco about 14 months ago. The frame broke on one side and I took it back to the store where I bought it in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

I was willing to pay for the new frame since I broke it trying to adjust fit. After one week I heard nothing. I went to the store and there were my glasses sitting on the shelf. After looking around for a while the clerk told me that they no longer can get that frame.

I asked you mean I spent $300.00 for something that is no obsolete? She said sorry but nothing we can do. I asked for a manager to call me. Lisa called me and said nothing she can do about it.

After threatening calling corporate she caved in and said she can give me $59.00 for new frames but I must pay to have my eyes tested again and pay for new lenses. I am still out $240.00. I emailed customer service at Costco sight about situation a couple of days ago and still have not heard anything back. Why does Costco deal with a vendor that does not have frames in stock after 14 months.

Broken frames is a common thing.

Blaming vendor of frames and Costco for dealing with them. Costco policy is generally good, but this one does not make me happy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Eyeglasses.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments