Mississauga, Ontario
3.0

I would like to suggest to have a warning sign at check out stations if particular station will change cashier or will have any other service (like counting cash etc.) at least 5 ~ 10 minutes ahead to spare time of people in the line.

On January 26, 2016 at 3180 Laird Road Mississauga location, 6 pm, I wasted 10 minutes in line waiting for changing cashier.

When I expressed that I have wasted my time waiting, the floor manager instead of taking suggestion in consideration, started arguing with me that it wasn't 10 minutes at all. Even 1 minute for me is a valuable time and I don't want to waste it waiting. Please, introduce policy to prevent people staying in line waiting for other service that supposed to be done at cashier stations.

Be proactive, do your business in more customer friendly manner, reduce lines and waiting time. And stop arguing with customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Well 5-10 minutes is a pretty standard time to wait in line at any store. And if your time is valuable , so is the worth of items you are buying.

And if those items weren't worth waiting in line for 10 minutes you had the option to leave them just there.

Sometimes the cashiers have to replaced right away that's how retail works.

And I think the manager argued because you weren't making a suggestion, you were acting like an entitled "customer is always" whinner whose time is so valuable that he can't wait 10 mins in line to buy groceries for himself/herself.

Population of canada is growing , lines up and traffic will get worse and worse learn to deal with it.