Columbus, Ohio

I have purchased many items from Costco but this item tasted just horrible and I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Frankly Fresh All Natural & Vegetarian Handmade Zucchini Cakes. 16 Count

I tried it, my friend tried it and her husband wouldn't attempt it. Please have someone try it. I would like to know if Costco kitchen testers try the product before it is sold. I appreciate your immediate attention in this matter. It almost tasted like falafel. I have nothing against the store, just the product. Please investigate as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Gail Ehrlich 630-220-4815

30gail@comcast.net

Comments

I tried them this morning and it tasted horrible! I love zucchini chips and I figured this was a healthy substitute for fried stuff.

I baked them in the oven as per directions, but the outside (and inside) is all mushy. Even the taste is a bit off-putting for me.

May be I should deep fry it to make the exterior crispy? (defeating the purpose of a healthy snack).

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I have enjoyed numerous packages of these - [Danville, CA, Costco].

They are kept in the refrigerated section and taste like fresh zucchini; absolutely delicious. They are manufactured fresh in CA and I can imagine that they might not ship well.

Our family loves the Frankly Fresh zucchini cakes. We blot them with a paper towel to remove the excess oil, and sometimes top with a bit of ketchup.

They are a tasty/healthy substitute for hash browns or more starchy/higher calorie side dishes.

Only problem is finding them! Did Costco stop carrying this product?

I like to buy 3 boxes at a time for the freezer.

They are disgusting! My son said they looked like dog ***!

Definitely not the same product pictured on the front.

They tasted like oily mush and smelled like rancid olive oil.! TERRIBLE> You should be embarrassed selling this ****!!!!!

@zimgalusa

The brand name on the item is Frankly Fresh.

Which means Frankly Fresh makes them. Not Costco.

Costco has a contract with that company.

That company sells extremely well, or the item would be discontinued.

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean a store has to stop carrying them.

And, please, learn what brand names mean.

They're horrid. Frankly I should have known something as delicate & short-lived as zucchini only worked fresh.

The shape & feel of the product is that of a mini sausage patty, the smell is very strange & strong. The texture is quite doughy...Everyone spit them out.

I can't imagine how much worse they would have tasted if I'd microwaved them instead of oven baked them.

...Costco doesn't make those...Frankly Fresh does...

That said, you can return them for a refund under the 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Omg! These things are phenomenal!!!!!

Don't know why you had such a bad experience...sorry to hear. We love them.

Costco Reviews