1.4
Ease of Use

Do not order appliances or large items from Costco. They claim to stand behind their products, they offer a "concierge" telephone line to take care of members.

We have had an LG refrigerator from Costco that is under warranty, but has not worked for 49 days and counting. We've had the same repair company sent from LG three times and have spoken to various departments between concierge and major appliance and internet within Costco upwards of 30 times to no avail. In almost every instance it was because we had to call back to try to get any resolution. In most cases the Costco departments don't talk to each other and you can only get to the appropriate department by being routed through one of the other departments.

If you ask for management involvement, good luck with that. The only thing worse than Costco's response through this ordeal has been the response or lack thereof by LG.

Finally after 46 days without a working fridge, that again is still under the two year warranty, and getting the constant run around from LG, Costco has agreed to take the unit back as a "return". However, we are still waiting to find out when they can pick the unit up. Having gone a month and a half without a working fridge, we felt no choice but to simply buy another refrigerator, which we did from Home Depot.

However, when that refrigerator gets installed today (thankfully) we will be stuck with the non working unit sitting in our house until Costco can dispatch someone to pick it up.

The entire experience has been pathetic to say the least. As a loyal Costco member since 2002, this will be my final dealings with them and as someone who once bought into the myth of their customer focus and customer service, I would advise anyone against ordering anything from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 20.

Comments

LG Electronics

Wow, this sounds like the worst customer experience ever! I am especially troubled by the lack of response by people representing LG.

I know that when you buy an expensive refrigerator, you expect it to last. You definitely do not expect to be without a refrigerator for so long. This is indeed troubling and I would like to help.

Please click on the link below so I can gather more information about your case. ^DW https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_sg_84833E741744D7A041EF826BD21B849B&agent=4523245

Almost identical experience but with mattresses. Surprised at the exceptionally poor service from COSTCO.

Almost identical experience but with mattresses