Anchorage, Alaska

I recently purchased the "Gourmet Dry Roasted Macadamias" from "Savanna Orchards" at Costco. These were priced the same as the Kirkland "Moana Loa" brand previously available.

The "Gourmet Dry Roasted Macadamias" from "Savanna Orchards" were terrible. It tasted as if they unloaded all their stale macadamia nuts on the Costco customers. I bought two packages and poured the nuts from one package into a container. I then consumed about five nuts.

They were all stale and bitter. I will be returning the unopened package of Macadamia nuts from "Savanna Orchards" to my local Costco Outlet. I only wish that I had saved the package from the one that I sampled so that I could return that as well. I hope that Costco dumps these "Savanna Orchard" losers and returns to their former brand.

When I tried to send this message to Costco, their website would not respond when I pressed the "submit" button. This seems to be the epitome of absolute distain of their customers.

Comments

I purchased a container of Gourmet Honey Roasted Nut Mix from Costco produced by Savanna Orchards. They were some of the most tasteful and fresh nuts I have ever had. I wished I purchased more than one can as my location no longer carries them.

Exactly same situation. Almost made me sick. Wife was going to make cookies with them.,,Sell by date was Oct 2014rayjcms

I LOVE THEM

I've purchased macadamia nuts from Costco for years and always great--except this bag! The bag looks the same but they are from Savanna Orchards and they are Rancid.

The Date on the package is 02/01/2014. I kept eating a few, thinking maybe they are okay, but no they aren't.

I think I'll return them also, even though I've used almost half the bag (mostly from continuing to think they'll taste better "this time). Thankfully I did not ruin a recipe by putting these nuts in.

I had the same experience as "Pissed Consumer" with Costco's Savanna Orchards Macadamia Nuts. They are a dry, flavourless, inferior product!

Unfortunately, this is not the first time Costco has a substituted junk for an excellent product.

I have written to the company before to complain about this practice and have never received a response to my letters. I am very close to dropping my Costco membership.

Costco Reviews