Costco - The sell of Halal meats

659 of 736 Costco reviews

I am upset because Costco has chosen to take the path of caving into the minority at the expense of the majority.

By selling Halal meats you are automatically offending the vast number of Americans that deem this offensive.

Is there not a venue for the Muslims to buy at their own stores that will cater to their religion or must the rest of us just accept this is the New America?

Most of us have religious beliefs far removed from this--we don't count???

I have been a satisfied customer but this has reallly disturbed me so may have to rethink my membership status.

Thank you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 23 Yes 23
659 of 736 Costco reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

1 day ago #1252178 Springfield, Virginia, United States

Lol!! All the negative comments about Muslims is from the redneck trailer trash statea like
Texas and Kentucky! Alabama!! You people posting negative comments are so *** retarded!!! Allah means god!!! The same one god!!! We all have!!! And educate yourself about halal before you start *** from the mouth!! Is the small Ignorant trailer
Trash that is always so threatened by any other race or religion!!!!

1 0 Reply

1 day ago #1252172 Springfield, Virginia, United States

Wow!!! Aren't you a racist piece of trailer trash!!!! It's!!! A business!!!! They are around to make money!!! Their are billions of Muslims! Who the *** cares about looking at your ugly ***!!! Or about your business! With such a small mind I bet you don't make much! Uneducated loser

1 0 Reply

Nov 15 #1241396 Florence, Kentucky, United States

I am so incredibly offended that the clientele of Costco has degraded to so many obviously Muslim customers. I am now afraid to shop there. I've been gauked upon and followed by men both in and outside of the stores. In a predatory way. I've had samples grabbed selfishly ignoring common decency and politeness, let alone allowing a women to go first. Absolute appalling and uncivilized behavior. To feel like you are being visually raped while pushing a cart is beyond ok!!! What has Costco, an American company in America become!?!? Very disgusted! Likely a former customer unless they turn this around!

1 1 Reply
Offended

Nov 15 #1241387 Florence, Kentucky, United States

Just recently at the Costco in Cincinnati Ohio I was absolutely visually accosted by three Muslim men. I was very uncomfortable! I also saw that they were extremely ecstatic that they saw some kind of halal cooking grease for sale in this store. I am thinking about boycotting Costco.

0 1 Reply

Aug 07 #1195824

The Jews don't want to kill us.

0 1 Reply
Christian Citizen

Aug 07 #1195821

It's not so much the Halal meat that i have a problem with althougth I'm not interested in purchasing it or consuming it but rather the type of clientel that it draws. While my local Costco was selling this Halal meat, I had serveral confrontations with Muslim men. Two grabbed and stopped my cart so they could walk on front of me. Another reached around the spit guard the wrong way and snatched the sample i was reaching for. I felt very theatened and felt like i needed to bring my husband with me to shop at Costco. However, just last week while while shopping, I didnt experience any threatening behavior towards me by muslim men. Later I realized it was because the don't carry Halal meat anymore :-)
Thank you Costco!

1 3 Reply

Nov 13 #1240075 San Diego, California, United States

Are you an *** or what ?? How the *** do you know what a Muslim men looks like ??? A Muslim man comes in all races you *** , and not every men that has a beard is a Muslim . Costco didn't stop selling halal meat, they are still selling it not only to satisfy Muslim consumers but it's also healthier to eat halal meat and it takes too long to explain that to you and you won't understand anyway because your an *** , and if you think that buying Kirkland meat is helping you avoid halal meat then you have to know that you are still eating halal meat it's coming from Australia cut and packed in Kirkland packages.

2 0 Reply

Jan 26 #1101396

You are an ignorant racist person. I know people in the western countries have very little to no knowledge about other faiths.
Muslims and Jews consume meats which are processed according to their religious laws. Can you tell me Why you just picked on Halal meat? What about Jewish Kosher meats or do you eat that?
Stop your trash and shop from your smelly supermarket meat

4 3 Reply

Nov 13 #1240024

Jewish kosher meat is not offered to the moon God, alias Allah. In Acts, the Bible says Christians should not eat meat offered to idols.

0 0 Reply

Jan 12 #1093180

Halal, while probably being more healthful, could be considered by many to be an upgrade choice of some meats. Fans of pork need look through all the other Costco choices of a great variety of foods. Don't like it? - Don't buy it. Simple. Stop advertising your ignorance.
- a Christian

5 3 Reply

Jan 10 #1092267

halal meat is the same as any meat, MEAT. And sadly, there are not that many halal meat shops or anything similar at every corner of this country, otherwise you would be shouting "THE TERRORISTS ARE TAKING OVER". Calm down, and please learn what halal meat is before you assume you are marginalized.

7 3 Reply

Dec 24, 2015 #1083572

Halah means more than just the way Muslims prepare the meats.It also includes the practice of Shahada, meaning professing that there is only one god Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. So if you are of a different faith this would be offensive. Meats offered to idols.

Dec 02, 2015 #1073035

You such a crazy ignorant , I don't whats the problem. Isn't free country ha and anyone can practice their religion . You making big deal from this . Such a *** . And of course Costco will not stop selling and making money for their own business because of some ignorant customers like you . Just be shame of yourself and reaction .

6 6 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065871

Hello. Do you know what Halal Meat means? This doesn't mean that it is strictly for Muslims. Halal meat means how the animal is slaughtered. When an animal is electrocuted or beaten up, the blood is still in the animals body, which is not healthy. When animals are slaughtered the Halal way, which is really fast, using a knife, and through the neck, the animal lets out all of its blood and slaughtered immediately and not after hours of being beaten. This is what is meant by halal meat. I know of people who are not Muslims and they only eat halal meat. Read about it and understand the true meaning behind it. And please m, don't go to yahoo answeres.

Nov 13 #1240026

How the meat is butchered is not the problem. The problem is that it is offered to Allah while it is being butchered.

1 1 Reply

Nov 04, 2015 #1058575

I would go for Kosher and Halal meat any day. It is far far superior and safe for the human body than regular mass market factory produced meat.

Nov 04, 2015 #1058572

Unfortunately, there is a high level of ignorance about halal. Rather than posting uninformed and ignorant opinions, I request the public to properly research Halal animal slaughter. Aside from taking God's name (Allah is Arabic for the Jewish/Christian God, Muslims worship the same God), the animal slaughtered by Halal standards is drained of blood and cleared of impurities and carcinogens. Please research and understand Halal before forming opinions.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc5BWafzEu4

4 4 Reply
7tizz

Nov 01, 2015 #1056786 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Not shopping at Costco anymore. Halal killing is tortuous to the animal.

5 7 Reply

1-20 of 105 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Costco. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Costco.
Filing a new complaint about
×