Miami, Florida

Guess I'll be taking my business to BJs from now on. I am a pregnant mother and have a 2 yr old toddler.

I was using the gas services in Miami, Florida on a very hot day. I decided to leave my car on for my daughter, so she will not be hot and uncomfortable. The attendant at the gas station asked me to turn off my car. I told her I had a toddler in the car and was not.

She stuck her hand where the nozzle rest on the gas machine to prevent me from putting gas. I started yelling and telling her that due to all the deaths last year from leaving children in a hot car, I refused to leave my daughter in the car. She again stuck her hand where the nozzle rest on the gas machine to prevent me from putting gas and called the manager. I finally complied: grabbed my daughter while cars were passing by, turned off the ignition, and put gas.

My mother is the primary person in this account. I have been on the account, with my mother somewhere between 5-10 years. For this one incident, Costco placed a hold on my mother's card and asked her to remove me from the account. I called to complain, and COSTCO needs to check with the store in order to make a decision.

Apparently, their staff is more important than their customers. After speaking to the store, they told me that they would not change their decision.

POINT IS: DO NOT SHOP AT COSTCO, THEY DO NOT VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS OR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY CAN CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE THEY FEEL LIKE IT!

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Gas Tank Refill.

Comments

I have a feeling this special snowflake also threw a massive tantrum at being told no and not getting her way, probably abusing the employee in the process. I bet she's not even on the account, but was using her mom's card as a non-member anyway.

Those are usually the ones who behave the worst and have the most entitled attitude. Seriously, lady, trying to use the tragic deaths of children left in cars as an excuse for your poor judgment and bad behavior is despicable.

You child will not die in the 3 minutes it takes for you to pump gas. Besides, you can always roll down the windows like anyone with common sense would.

They probably took away your membership cause you don't have common sense and you are more of a liability to them.

That's because it is highly dangerous to fuel a vehicle while running. The Costco staff did the right thing you ***.

You would have killed yourself , the staff member and your precious daughter. Wake up and realize the world does not revolve around you.

Are you serious? You realize you have to turn your car off because the electricity created from a running car could cause the gas to explode which would thereby kill everyone near you.

It's a law. You're an ***.

The signs even say you have to turn off your car and every gas station in the world. This isn't Costcos fault.

ITS ILLEGAL TO PUMP GAS WITH THE CAR ON. PUT THE WINDOWS DOWN OR WATCH YOUR CHILD BURN UP IF SOMETHING HAPPENS YOU ***

Well gee whiz, I can't believe they would follow proper safety procedures and prevent you from setting your daughter and car on fire and possibly blowing up the entire station. If you look around at any gas station you will see this posted that your engine has to be shut off before pumping gas.

Any gas station attendant written their salt would not allow you to endanger the community for the sake of your daughters comfort. Your daughter would not die of heat exhaustion in the amount of time it takes to pump gas, but she will definitely die of heat exhaustion in a car fire.

Leaving the ignition on while pumping gas is a fire hazard. Its a good thing they stopped you for you and your daughter's safety.