New Westminster, British Columbia

I went to Costco (Government street location in Burnaby), at the till I placed my membership card on the times and when it was time to pay my husband produced his MasterCard and the teller asked him if he had his own membership card. I think this was inappropriate because she had my membership card, she should have asked for his ID.

I prefer and will always prefer ANY Costco in the US because their Costco Canada has not idea what customer service means. This particular location is so bad - I have had a teller break my membership card right there at the till because she could not find my membership payment on the system.

I made a formal complaint and I am yet to hear from the manager at that location. Its a pity the US currency is so high, I would never shop at a Costco in Canada.

Product or Service Mentioned: Costco Manager.

Costco Cons: Cashier.

Comments

You are ridiculous membership cards are non transferable. It makes no difference if the cashier asks your husband for an ID because he needs to be a member to pay. It is very simply not a member you don't shop if you have a membership you can shop.