17-39 Cook Ct, North Lakes QLD 4509, Australia
2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I made a complaint to the Costco North Lakes Australia store about being left standing in a *** at the returns desk for well over 10 minutes, whilst a woman who worked for Costco as a demonstrator stood in front of me returning upwards of 50 items. During this time I noticed 2 other staff members standing talking to each other, they just ignored me.

I was totally ignored until I spoke up to express my dissatisfaction, or my wait time would have been around 20 minutes, based on the progress of the returns trolley in front of me. When I called the Costco North Lakes Australia store to complain about this terrible customer service I spoke to the Assistant Warehouse Manager Brandon, he was rude, passive aggressive in tone, and stated his total disinterest in helping resolve my customer service issues in any other way than offering me a free slice of Pizza ($2.99 AUD). He simply said we are like any other business, we have good days and we have bad days. The subtext of his argument was, if you don't like the way we have dealt with your complaint, then don't shop here again, it sounded to me like he preferred it if I did not.

The greatest test of any business is how they deal with customers in a complaint situation, and their ability to bring the issue to a reasonable conclusion, in short to care and show a little empathy. In the case of Costco North Lakes Australia what I received was, go away, we are not interested, enjoy your pizza, oh and if you are not happy, then don't shop here anymore.

This experience was stunningly poor in every way, if you have an issue with Costco, just suck it up and get on with your life, as they do not care about customer satisfaction in any way. That was my experience.

Review about: Costco Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Having to wait for over 10 minutes.

Comments