My husband and I purchased gift cards from Costco for our family, all of who are Costco members.We live in different states.

When they went to Costco to use the gift cards they were told, WE would have to activate the gift cards for them. My brother was literally in Costco with a gift card purchased for him, along with his own Costco membership and told, he could not use the giftcard since we had not activated it. Even though the giftcard was ordered online and shipped from their warehouse directly to him. So we had to get the gift card numbers from our family members and call them in ourselves.

This is *** and inconvenient.

We've bought other people gift cards and never had to do this.We will never purchase Costco gift cards again.

Review about: Costco Gift Card.

Had an Experience with Costco?

Comments

Cumming, Georgia, United States #614155

That is a security feature to prevent unauthorize use of the card. Just put a note with the card to call you when it is received and then activate it. If they sent it activated and the person you sent it to did not receive it you would be complaining about that and expecting Cosco to replace it.

Richardson, Texas, United States #599810

Hey!What is this pick on COSTCO DAY.So what activate the dam gift card and Move on.***.To COSTCO i like your style more and more.Now take that and Mess that around.Where is the COMPLAINT HERE?

Salem, Oregon, United States #599777

I actually like that feature of Costco gift cards. We received one as part of a larger purchase me made at Costco. It was nice to not have to worry about it being used without our consent.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #587650

Yes all gift cards have to be activated by the purchaser because people buy many of them to sell off. Best thing to do is to buy them in person.